This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 182890
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full time Pharmacy resident to work the day shift at Penn within the Pharmacy department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes clinical rotations as outlined by the ASHP General Pharmacy Practice standards. Under the direction of pharmacy practice preceptors, provides specialized clinical services including but not limited to, interdisciplinary patient rounds, therapeutic drug monitoring, patient education, drug information, and evaluation and modification of pharmacologic therapy.
2. Provides in-service education to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students. Participates in educational activities at Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy as directed by each rotation preceptor.
3. Provides medications and pharmacy services to hospital inpatients and defined outpatients (clinic, pain management, home infusion). Reviews pertinent clinical information to insure medication therapy is appropriate based on the patient’s age, diagnosis, and clinical status. Confers with physicians and other healthcare providers to resolve discrepancies and problems with medication therapies regarding the appropriateness, dosage, drug interactions, incompatibilities, thoroughness and formulary status. Offers alternative drug therapy, when warranted, to improve outcomes and/or provide the most cost-effective therapy. Performs all necessary monitoring, documentation and coordination of services required.
4. Performs all dispensing functions of a registered pharmacist. Reviews written or directly entered medication orders, confers with physician if necessary and processes medication orders. Verifies medications filled by pharmacy technicians prior to dispensing. Provides patient medication information if appropriate (clinic, home infusion).
5. Assists with the distribution and control of narcotics within the Pharmacy Department and to patient care areas. Dispenses narcotics to patient care areas using the CII Safe system and in accordance with Federal and State laws governing the control of narcotics.
6. Follows all procedures and techniques for aseptic preparation of parenteral products. Performs compounding of pharmaceutical preparations, including but not limited to: large volume parenteral solutions, intravenous piggybacks, epidural solutions, dialysis solutions, batched syringe products, and TPN solutions.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.