Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
LPN Admission Team
Job ID: 183587
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Work Schedule: Full time 11A-11P
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
LPN - 11A-11P
- As part of the Admissions Team, the LPN under the RN supervision, will assist with the patient admission to an Inpatient Unit. The LPN provides comprehensive, quality nursing care through application of the nursing process. Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
- Clinical Practice:
- Provides age-appropriate care for the population served. Gives consideration to growth & developmental phase of life, to age related factors such as thermal regulation, nutrition, medication administration, nutrition, safety and functional needs of the patient.
- Uses appropriate resources for patients with special needs such as language barriers, sensory problems, altered cognition, cultural and religious needs.
- Ensures attention to patient’s physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
- Performs clinical care in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Performs peripheral venipuncture and peripheral vascular access care according to policy & procedure.
- Identifies situations that warrant patient rescue and takes appropriate action, e.g. Rapid Response or Code Blue.
- Integrates principles of infection control & infection prevention into practice.
- Adheres to aseptic technique as appropriate.
- Uses resources and references for reviewing policies and procedures, medications, and clinical information.
- Prioritizes and organizes work effectively within assigned shift.
- Uses effective and thorough hand off between nursing department.
- Organizes information into a meaningful format, such as SBAR.
- Delegates appropriately to unlicensed personnel and team members.
- Communicates patient care information to the interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides patient and family education in a manner that is understood and gives the patient and family handouts, brochures and resources that can be taken home for future reference
- Documents patient care in an accurate, manner
- Document Admission profile, initial vital signs, patient belongings, falls video, and orientation to room and surrounding.
- Document Initial note to room.
- Professional Role Development
- Develops own nursing knowledge via practice, observation, professional literature, networking and attending continuing education programs.
- Promotes best practice by demonstrating a commitment to quality patient care and the profession of nursing.
- Promotes innovation and creativity in the practice environment.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new employees.
- Accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors and shows evidence of change.
- Demonstrates verbal and writing skills that are appropriate for healthcare communication.
- Adheres to the Department of Nursing Dress Code.
- Department of Nursing and Organization Support
- Attends assigned committee meetings and contributes to the committees.
- Communicates support of organizational values and strategies.
- Supports the following organizational programs such as Magnet, and Joint Commission Standards.
- Maintains good attendance/lateness standards in accordance with Hospital policy.
- Departmental Support
- Maintains equipment in working order. Uses equipment appropriately, follows Department policies for equipment and supply use and maintenance.
- Performs assigned duties to maintain unit in a state of survey readiness and maintain quality initiatives. For example, quality control measures, equipment checks, medication preparation area cleanliness, etc.
- Adheres to unit programs to support patient care such as maintaining a quiet environment, hourly patient rounds, customer service, etc.
- Attends staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Keeps patient care area and work environment neat and organized.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- LPN Nursing Program
Previous acute care experience preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE