Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The primary responsibility of this job is to transport patients, lab specimens, and blood products, throughout the hospital complex in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide safe and timely transportation of patients, specimens, and pharmaceuticals throughout the institution.
- Assist Hospital personnel with movement of patients as needed for transportation.
- Meet department goal response time and travel time – Work quickly and efficiently to meet department response time goal (trip assignment – trip start) and travel time (trip start – trip completion) utilizing the Epic Rover Transport System.
- Exemplifies excellent hospitality towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers as outlined in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Lifting, walking, pushing, and pulling 100-200 pounds and demonstrating an appropriate range of motion.
- Assist with patient movement when transferring patients from bed to wheelchair or stretcher
- Assist in training new employees
- Acting as a good steward of the department and hospital’s equipment.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- American Heart Association BLS required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
Pennsylvania Hospital, 800 Spruce Street
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.