Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nurse Manager RN- Acute Rehabilitation/Full time Days at Princeton Medical Center
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 182554
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Nurse Manger assists the Director in managing the daily operations of the department with direct responsibility of the Care Coordinator Nurses. The Manager’s underlying objective is of enhancing quality outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing cost of care.
- The Nurse Manager assists the Director in overseeing, planning, organizing, evaluating and management of the following areas:
- Length of stay (LOS)/level of care (LOC) management
- Patient billing status management
- Denials management
- CMS Conditions of Participation Utilization review and Discharge planning
- Data collection, auditing and analysis
- Administrator web based software for reports, usage, and training
- Monitors daily volumes and complexities of care coordinators caseloads to assure effective workloads.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements related to utilization review (UR), discharge planning (DP), LOC and clinical documentation and ensures Care Coordinators maintain this knowledge as well.
- Oversees Transitions of Care bedside rounds to ensure all required components are being completed collaboratively among the clinical team
- Establishes and standardizes defined policies, procedures, and processes to optimize efficiency and maximize productivity.
- Ensures that all staff understands and integrate caring service standards into their interaction with patients, families, and other employees.
- Audits Care Coordinators’ competency for appropriate application of clinical criterion and the discharge plans for appropriateness, quality and effectiveness
- Collaborates with the department’s Physician Advisors regarding complex cases, third party payer issues, and interaction with Care Coordinators.
- Plans orientation schedule’s and continuing education of staff.
- Reviews audits of clinical documentation in the EMR including assessment, discharge planning, patient choice, Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON), and Important Message for Medicare (IMM) delivery within regulatory guidelines for the Care Coordinator’s
- Reviews with Director the monthly, metrics for Care Coordination dashboard, identifies trends, and performance improvement opportunities.
- Assists in leading Care Coordination performance improvement initiatives and collaborates with all disciplines and departments to implement process improvements.
- Collaborates with hospital, medical, nursing and other department leadership to identify and implement strategies to reduce preventable readmissions and improve the effectiveness of discharge planning.
- Supports chain of communication through team structure
- Demonstrates a willingness to understand and probe into technical details
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals of the department and institution
- Monitors and acts on referrer trends and satisfaction
- Develops business plans to ensure continued program growth
- Collaborates with Medical Directors on program structure and quality
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- Case Management RN preferred
- National Case Management certification preferred; or obtained within two years of employment
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required
Previous experience working as a Registered Nurse
Care Coordination experience greater than 5 years can substitute for education
- Master of Arts or Science
- Master’s Degree or pursing a Master’s degree preferred, healthcare related field preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE