Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Team Manager Rehab Services: Princeton
Job ID: 178648
Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton Junction, NJ, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Assistant Team Manager of Rehabilitation Services role is half administrative and half direct patient care. The Assistant Team Manager of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for assisting the team manager and Rehabilitation Services Manager with the clinical operations and clinical practice associated with physical, occupational, and speech therapy. The Assistant Team Manager of Rehabilitation Services will provide patient care to a case load of 8-10 patients in addition to his/her administrative duties. The Assistant Team Manager or Rehabilitation Services will function to support clinical operations and the provision of care delivery. He/She will review clinical documentation and participate in other quality and regulatory activates. The Assistant Team Manager of Rehabilitation Services will be responsible for conducting team interdisciplinary care meetings, co-leading team meeting, support the development and implementation of therapy specific programs and protocols, assist with therapy specific clinical competencies, and assisting staff with day to day operations regarding patient care. The Assistant Team Manager of Rehabilitation Services will also have administrative on call duties for home health.
- Communicates to staff the importance of patient satisfaction, our success and priorities for improving the clinical performance for rehabilitation services for home health, and for exceeding customer expectations. Observes staff services skills and coaches to improve performance.
- Delivers patient and customer service seamlessly. Ensures patient/customer/family safety, confidentiality, and security is considered at all times. Complies with identified service standards.
- Provides evidence based, patient centered, clinically appropriate care to patients receiving home health rehabilitation services.
- Ensures patient/customer satisfaction. Identifies and anticipates individual patient/customer special and diverse needs and assures that they are accommodated. Modifies interactions to satisfy needs. Takes action to make up for lapses in service.
- Provides oversite for therapy clinical staff on the team that includes the following:
- Clinical staff case management & direct clinical care
- Regulatory compliance
- Review of new product and services
- Clinical development with emphasis on new staff
- Coordinate orientation activities between team and Education Department
- Assist with training of clinical documentation system and related features and functions
- Ensures appropriate follow up of major issues
- Manage routine and crisis communication throughout the department as they arise
- Participates in the selection, career development, and annual performance review of their staff and peers as requested
- In collaboration with other team members proactively promotes efforts to improve cost effective quality patient care
- Address performance issues immediately and directly
- Ensure continuous survey readiness
- Informs the development and implementation of protocols specific to rehabilitation services
- Assists with the development and implementation of therapy competencies to build and grow the knowledge and clinical practice of the therapy service line.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met. Ensures effective utilization of materials, staff, and financial resources. Reviews and monitors quality data and assists director/system director in creating action plans to meet quality goals. Fosters the continual integration of research and education activities into clinical and operational processes.
- Provides patient care/case management to a small group of patients as a method of ensuring clinical competency. Manages safety processes.
- Collaborates with all home health team members in the design of a plan of care for patient/family.
- Systematically collect data that is comprehensive, accurate, and current. Use assessment data to determine barriers to functioning in the home environment.
- Apply knowledge of activity analysis, physical/cognitive functioning, and other environmental supports/barriers to support independent and safe functioning in the home.
- Provide hospice and palliative rehabilitation services to patients through regularly scheduled visits, to support participation and performance of meaningful daily activities for emotional health and well-being.
- Understand, facilitate, and document the elements and processes of ethical decision making for patient/family
- Continuously update and adjust care via best-practice standards as reflected in physical/occupational/speech therapy actions, which are consistent with recognized theories on functional performance.
- Teach and counsel family members and patients regarding total pain and appropriate interventions
- Assist with setting customer focused performance expectations by creating performance plans with clearly articulated goals and measures. Provides access to needed information and resources. Provides ongoing constructive and appreciative feedback.
- Builds staff alignment and commitment to UPHS Mission by translating strategies into action plans, expectations, and performance standards. Ensures that staffing and schedule provides safe and effective care.
- Shares resources and collaborates with fellow team members to ensure patients and other customers’ needs are met. Enlist the support of other departments in maintaining the performance of existing systems and resources.
- Works with clinical departments, UPHS partners, and suppliers to develop programs, services, and change initiatives that anticipate future customer needs. Establishes improvement priorities and sponsors improvement activities within PMAH. Assists therapy practitioner in rapid and effective implementation of best practices.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Allied Health Care (PT/OT/SLP)
4+ years Progressive health care experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Master of Arts or Science
- Allied Health Care (PT/OT/SLP)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE