Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Mental Health Intake Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 179833
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To be determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Mental Health Intake Coordinator position, under the direction of the Supervisor is responsible for telephone management, intake clinical assessment, referral management, risk stratification, and clinical documentation of patients in the Department of Psychiatry's Penn Integrated Care (PIC) Resource Center. Additional responsibilities include patient relations, communication with providers, scheduling, case management, and benefit determination.
- The ideal candidate possesses excellent critical thinking and communication skills, both spoken and written, for clinical assessment purposes in determining appropriate services for potential patients. The position is also responsible for organizing and maintaining clinical case management information in an electronic database and medical record filing system. Knowledge of DSM-V, HIPAA, and community resources. (Psych Othr Staff 54th Campus)
- Patient Care Processes
- Complete daily calls assigned
- Completes all scheduled calls with patients
- Intakes are completed accurately & within established time frames
- Utilizes proper billing area and appointment locations
- Patient outcomes are consistently and accurately communicated with primary care
- Coordinates appropriate referral arrangements
- Information entered in the clinical system is complete & in compliance with set, accepted criteria
- Follow adherence to criteria and CCBH policy/procedures to meet standards of chart audit of completed cases
- Keeps manager aware of potential issues/problems as they arise
- Demonstrate assessment and critical thinking skills, while following protocol, to appropriately screen, assess, risk stratify, and refer patients
- Recognize and communicate with supervisor when assistance is needed with determining the appropriate course of action
- Regulatory Compliance
- Completes consent to treatment
- In partnership with CPUP, SOM and the University, maintains accountability compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory standards and requirements, including JCAHO, Department of Health, funding agencies, FDA, HIPPA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, SCGME, department specific guidelines, and other
- Job duties are performed in compliance with departmental & regulatory standards.
- Ensure 100% observed compliance with Resource Center workflows and processes
- Ensure 100% goal achieved in completed calls assigned
- Ensure 100% compliance in reconciliation of EPIC and BHL documentation
- Verifies insurance information
- Maintains a basic knowledge about accepted and non-accepted insurances within CCBH program
- Ensure 100 % accurate capture of billing information
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling or any healthcare related field is required.
- Master of Arts or Science
- Candidates working towards Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, or any healthcare related fields preferred but not required.
Experience in customer service highly preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE