Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Medical Assistant Certified (Princeton)
Job ID: 179866
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Assists physicians, residents nurse practitioners and nurses in providing clinic services for patients including vital signs, phlebotomy, EKGs, point of care testing, immunizations, and documentation of results.
- Assists physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses during clinic hours in the delivery of care including physicals, travel medicine, and treatment of workplace injuries
- Performs and documents the blood pressure, height, and weight
- Performs phlebotomy, EKGs, and other appropriate screening tests as directed by a physician or nurse, included immunizations
- Gathers basic patient information.
- Assists nurses in processing of documents and files including all data entry into Quadramed/QCPR, e-MDs.
- Assists nurses and physicians in performing clerical duties.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with other staff to provide high-level customer service.
- Produces routine program and information reports.
- Provides reception services including answering the phone, greeting patients, registering, and notifying clinical staff of the arrival of both scheduled and unscheduled patients, if necessary.
- Monitors, organizes, and create list for medical supplies needed to be ordered.
- Creates and maintains par level for all office supplies.
- Keeps stock areas neat and organized.
- Keeps department neat and organized in order to maintain a professional appearance within the department.
- Develop and deliver special assigned projects.
- Appropriately utilizes time in the performance of assigned administrative functions.
- Demonstrates responsibility for efficient utilization of products, resources, supplies, equipment, and office space.
- Engages in effective communications with all staff to ensure smooth operations, effective problem solving, and enhanced team interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Completes all required PHCS annual competencies including all department competencies.
- Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient safety and quality standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
Hearing Conservation, and Spirometry preferred.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of 2-3 year’s experience in a healthcare setting in a similar position is preferable. Doctors office experience preferred, and electronic medical records.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE