Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Respiratory Therapist- Part Time Night Shift
Job ID: 184913
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part-time Night Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Respiratory Therapist (Registered Respiratory Therapist) position is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of respiratory care in accordance with departmental policy and procedures. Provides respiratory therapeutic modalities, inclusive of but not limited to: ABG acquisition, ventilator and airway management for adult, pediatric and infant patients, equipment maintenance, delivery of aerosol medication and chest physiotherapy, assessment of oxygen and medication requirements. This position is a member of the Rapid Response Team and the Code Team for all but Gray and PCI. Respiratory Therapists do not have the responsibility of intubation at The Chester County Hospital.
- This role practices implementation of systems and standards to promote patient's safety and safe practices for delivery of patient care.
- Responsible for delivery of all aspects of respiratory care in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Identifies normal age related factors when planning/providing interventions such as safety, equipment, medication administration, and improving the functional status of the patient.
- Utilizes cutting edge knowledge, research, best practice, and thorough understanding of standards/processes to provide excellent respiratory patient care.
- Interacts with the patient in a manner that preserves patient dignity and privacy while meeting the patient’s psychosocial needs.
- Participates in best-staffing utilization during changes in workload and abides by departmental self-scheduling guidelines.
- Supports the development and maintenance of a written Quality Improvement Plan that supports a systematic, coordinated, outcome focused-improvement approach.
- Supports and implements systems/processes to monitor, evaluate, and improve respiratory practices and patient care outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in all clinical modalities and procedures on an annual basis.
- Mentors students from local universities in clinical respiratory rotations through the department.
- Works with Respiratory Care Services management to practice continual clinical improvement through evidence-based medicine.
- Respiratory Therapist (Required)
- CRT or NEOPEDRESP or RRT (Required)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Required)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Adult Critical Care Specialty Respiratory
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years Respiratory care experience with current acute care work
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE