Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Part Time Radiographer - Penn Radiology, Cherry Hill, NJ Location
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 184663
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Radiology at the Penn Medicine, Cherry Hill Location is looking for an 20 hours per week Radiographer to join their busy practice.
Penn Radiology Cherry Hill delivers advanced, low-dose imaging services at a state-of-the-art 150,000-square-foot facility located on Route 70 East in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Our team of board-certified radiologists are also certified in their individual imaging specialties and collaborate to provide more accurate readings and diagnoses.
- Performs a variety of general imaging procedures, is responsible for patient safety protocols and assists the Radiologists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Will function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs. Will treat all patients professionally.
- Review x-rays requisitions to determine type of exam, pertinent clinical history and views ordered prior to the actual radiographing of the patient.
- Operates radiology equipment using proper techniques and patient positioning to produce high quality images.
- Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Performs quality assurance testing consistent with section protocols.
- Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol.
- Effectively operate the organizational RIS and PACs systems throughout their daily workflow
- Compliance with OSHA, TJC, DOH and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
- Participates in the clinical education of Radiology students as appropriate.
- Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and well being throughout and after the study
- Responds to emergency situations according to department policies
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships within the facility and with outside customers of our services.
- Calls in results of STATS and other cases as determined by the Radiologist and department policy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (ARRT) - (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years radiography experience
Graduated from an approved Radiologic Technology Program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE