Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Primary Therapist PHBH Adult (Moorestown) FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 183809
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Moorestown, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Full-time - Day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- To provide high quality comprehensive clinical services that include: clinical triage, psychosocial evaluations, individual and group treatment, treatment plan implementation and coordination, discharge planning, utilization management with insurance companies, and case management with social service support systems, schools and other relevant external entities. The above services shall be provided under supervision of the appropriate clinical discipline.
- Clinical Competency
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the psychological and social needs of the program’s patient population.
- Provide age appropriate care as indicated by the knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the lifespan, and the ability to assess and interpret data, relative to the patient’s age.
- Conduct individual and group therapy sessions. Conduct family therapy sessions as needed.
- Conduct initial evaluation and ongoing assessment of patient functioning as well as risk factors.
- Document each treatment session in accordance with Princeton House documentation standards.
- Complete assessment evaluation and integrated diagnostic summary.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan and complete treatment plan reviews within established time frames as needed.
- Treatment Team Member
- Attend daily treatment rounds, providing input to and being receptive to input from other members of the treatment team.
- Identify changes in the patients’ clinical status and communicate to the appropriate member of the treatment team.
- Case Management (when assigned)
- Performs case management with internal and external entities for smooth transitions across the continuum of care.
- Coordinate discharge planning and communicate plan clearly to patient and family and all other providers involved. Complete discharge summaries within established time frames.
- 100% contact with providers in community involved in patient’s care (e.g., therapists, doctors, schools, probation officers, etc.)
- Outreach to non-attending patients per PHBH policy.
- Monitor attendance and utilization reviews (when assigned)
- Monitor patient attendance and length of stay in scheduled program.
- Effective and timely completion of pre-certifications as well as coordination of utilization reviews with utilization management reviewer.
- Timely and accurate completion of UM forms.
- Performance Improvement
- Participate in hospital and performance improvement initiatives and goals (e.g., completion of patient satisfaction surveys, positive patient satisfaction scores, participate in outcome measurements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- LCSW or LPC or PS (Required)
- New Jersey State licensure in one of the following areas: LCSW or LPC required.
New Jersey certificate in addictions treatment such as the L CADC or CDA preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (Required)
- Minimum Qualifications:. New Jersey certificate in addictions treatment such as the L CADC or CDA.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Psychiatric Programs:
Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree in the social sciences and an active New Jersey license including LCSW or LPC.
Preferred Qualifications: Above credentials, plus two or more years experience in treatment of the specific program’s patient population.
Minimum Qualifications: masters degree in the social sciences with an LCSW or LPC with experience in the treatment of substance abuse problems.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters degree in the social sciences.
Preferred Qualifications: Two or more years experience in treatment of the specific program’s patient population.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE