Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Home Care Coordinator- Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 187404
Work Type: FT
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full time - Days shift- 40 hours week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Home Care Coordinator is responsible for obtaining and processing pertinent patient information on all referrals. The Home Care Coordinator determines appropriateness for home infusion, home health, or hospice care. The Home Care Coordinator assesses patient needs and services that will be required and then coordinates the full referral to home infusion, home health, or home hospice. The Home Care Coordinator meets with the patient and/or caregiver to inform them about services they will receive, answer their questions, and holistically coordinates their post-acute care services. The Home Care Coordinator communicates with PMAH Leadership regarding business development opportunities and referral sources' satisfaction. The Home Care Coordinator provides home care education to referral sources and to patients and their families. The Home Care Coordinator performs hospital-hook-ups and clinic hook-ups of Chemotherapy, Milrinone, TPN, Anti-Infectives, and Pain Management.
- Evaluates patients that are referred for home health/hospice and determines if the patient qualifies for home health, infusion, or hospice benefit.
- Discusses and assists patients, hospital discharge planners, or case specialists with options for home health/hospice care.
- Accurately completes all documentation required for homecare/hospice/infusion referrals: Intake information and Hospital documentation.
- Keeps hospital discharge planners, physicians, case specialists, hospital staff, and patients/families informed re: discharge coordination efforts.
- Consults with Central Intake staff and clinical supervisors to ensure that patient needs can be met and that new referrals can be admitted according to agency policies.
- Develops and maintains professional demeanor and rapport with hospital staff, physicians, patients, agency staff, and other referral sources. Utilizes good communication skills in all interactions.
- Accesses information through Literature, the Internet, and professional educational programs to stay current on changes and trends in the home care industry as it pertains to discharge planning. Strives for professional growth and development.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA, NJ and DE RN Licensure depending on geographical location required.
- RN-DE or RN-NJ (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
0-1 years One- year community health experience as a Nurse discharge planner
Home Infusion and Oncology nursing experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE