Job ID: 184762
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Blue Bell, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part-Time Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The PennSTAR Flight Program is the critical care flight and ground transportation service of Penn Medicine. As a national leader in air medical safety and patient care, PennSTAR embraces proven aviation safety and technologies as well as a steadfast commitment to a culture of safety.
PennSTAR provides the highest quality patient care by employing and retaining high quality clinicians, promoting continuous improvement, and providing exception opportunities and experiences to clinicians.
The PennSTAR Flight Program provides critical care air and ground medical transportation to the Tri-State Area within a 100mile radius of Penn Medicine. PennSTAR provides rapid transport of critical care patients between medical centers, as well as "on-scene" services at the site of accidents and trauma-related incidents.
Careers with the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) extend beyond the ordinary. Challenging and rewarding, they inspire achievement no matter what your discipline. Join us at PennSTAR and find the career of a lifetime.
• To arrive on time and in full uniform ready to work.
• Participate in shift change and briefing with off going ground / flight crew.
• Perform a thorough check of the aircraft, ambulance and base at the beginning of each shift. This includes cleaning, disinfecting vehicle and base and the restocking of needed supplies.
• Check and Signs off medications and vehicle check sheets daily.
• Assist pilot and driver in the completion of the preflight inspection, participate in shift safety briefing, participate in pre liftoff and landing safety check list for flight, and de-briefing after each call
• Maintain clear and effective communication with PennCOMM regarding the status of the aircraft or ambulance, patient and any other needed information.
• Maintain communications with local communications centers as needed.
• Maintain communications with on-site landing team to assure a safe and functional landing zone.
• Assists pilot in-flight by utilizing the aircraft navigation systems including but not limited to: Aircraft radios, Navigation instrumentation / GPS, NVG’s and all other aircraft equipment.
• Maintain proficiency with all aviation related competencies and equipment to include: GPS, Aircraft radios, satellite phones, base cellular phones, NVG, Medical interior of aircraft, Safety initiatives and all other vendor required initiatives / training.
• Maintain proficiency with all medical equipment including: IABP, VAD / ECMO, Ventilators, IV pumps, All other UPHS / PennSTAR related required initiatives / trainings.
• Provide appropriate and efficient care per PennSTAR protocols and document all care provided in Golden Hour prior to completion of your duty shift
• Other duties as required
The ideal provider will already be a strong clinician and autonomous, yet able to work as a member of a team. You will be able to work effectively in varied environments as our mission profile includes both pre-hospital and inter-facility transports.
PennSTAR is looking for excellent providers that excel under pressure with excellent clinical skills. Candidates MUST possess:
• Appropriate completion of an accredited RN program
• BSN is required
• Current PA Nursing License
• Current NJ Nursing License – within 6 months of hire
• Current Driver’s License,
• Current PA DOH PHRN Certification – Required
• Current Advanced Nursing Certification within 1 year of hire: CEN, CFRN, CTRN or CCRN certification
• NJ MICN & ACM Certification – Within 6 months of hire
• Current ACLS, PALS, BCLS, & PHTLS.
• Other credentialing may be required based on State requirements.
• Candidates must have at least 5 years full-time employment experience as an RN in a critical care environment (ER / ICU /Cath lab)
• Pre-hospital ALS experience is a PLUS
• Every candidate MUST pass a criminal and child abuse background check.
• Candidates will maintain all requirements for full medical command in PA & NJ yearly. Additional clinical certifications may be required.
• Candidate must maintain a body weight at or below 230 lbs in flight suit, helmet, and approved leather boots.
• All certifications / licensure must be current to maintain full Medical Command.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.