This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 186831
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking a full-time Inpatient Unit Based Clinical Pharmacist in Critical Care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP).
Shift: Evening 2:30 PM-11:00 PM
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) is the flagship hospital of Penn Medicine located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Inpatient Pharmacy Department at HUP supports over 950 inpatient beds across both our HUP Main Campus as well as the HUP Pavilion. The HUP Pavilion, opened in October 2021 has over 500 beds and a two floor ED with 24-hour pharmacy services. The Inpatient Pharmacy Department supports a number of clinical service lines including critical care (ED, SICU, MICU, Neuro ICU, CT ICU, CICU, and CCU), surgical (cardiac, thoracic, GI, ENT, neuro, vascular, and urologic), neurology (including an epilepsy monitoring unit), solid organ transplant (heart, lung, liver, kidney), solid oncology, liquid oncology, and hematopoietic cell transplant and cellular therapy, women’s health, neonatal intensive care, and medicine (pulmonary, GI, internal medicine, and advanced medicine). Additionally, pharmacists are an integral part of the medical emergency response team.
The Inpatient Pharmacy Department supports a number of operational areas including 47 operating rooms, sterile compounding in a new sterile compounding suite, and Pharmacy Satellites (ED, Neonatal, OR, and ICU). Our decentralized pharmacy model allows pharmacists to participate in bedside rounds, and communicate with the interdisciplinary teams regarding transitions of care including admission and discharge medication reconciliation. HUP also provides discharge medication services through the MyPennPharmacy (MPP).
The Inpatient Pharmacy Department is excited to be recruiting for Unit-Based Clinical Pharmacists in Critical Care. Members of the unit based critical care team rotates through critical care areas to include the Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Heart and Vascular, and Neuro Intensive Care Units. Unit based clinical pharmacists work every 4th weekend and one summer/one winter holiday along with every other MLK day. Additionally, each pharmacist is eligible for $600/year in educational fund reimbursement for professional development and $8000/year in tuition assistance.
· Prepares and dispenses medications using appropriate techniques to ensure outcomes of drug therapies and following the health system’s policies and procedures
· Provides concise, applicable and timely responses to drug information requests from health care providers and patients
· Ensures continuity of pharmaceutical care to and from the acute and ambulatory patient-care settings
· Participates in the established process for assessing, managing, and reporting ADEs
· Participates in the management of medical emergencies
· Assumes responsibility for the adherence to the medication-use policies and guidelines
· Manages time effectively to fulfill practice responsibilities
· Complies in all activities with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements for a specific practice setting
· Current pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania or eligible for licensure (required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.