Job ID: 172962
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full time Chemistry Supervisor interested in working the day shift within Lab Administration.
Administer functions in Chemistry section of the clinical laboratory. Orders and directs clinical functions and test analyses in Clinical Chemistry. Responsible for all staff in section as well as competencies and performance of all duties. Oversees performance of testing and releasing of results in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Responsible for all productivity of all staff in Chemistry department.
• Will carry out all hospital and laboratory policies and procedures assigned to the Chemistry section.
• Perform QC and QA checks of all test results.
• Coordinates the total preventative maintenance program in a fashion consistent with State Department of Health and CAP.
• Maintain and sign off on all critical results.
• Responsible for the training and competency testing for all employees in the Chemistry section.
• Maintains functional and operational integrity of the department through active participation and delegation.
• Assures adherence to safety and health policies.
• Surveillance for functional aspects of all equipment.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Med Technology required
5+ years of related laboratory experience required.
ASCP required.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.