Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 187652
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Medical Records Clerk
Department: Med Gen Int Edward Cooper A
Location: Penn Outpatient Lab - 3701 Market Street
Hours: Full time first shift
The Medical Records Clerk must maintain a strong patient/customer focus that supports the delivery of the highest quality of care and shares a passion for patient and customer centered care to assist in exceeding patient satisfaction. The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate the medical records process in the practice inclusive of scanning, filing, medical records requests, and patient/customer service. This position is responsible for coordinating and maintaining patient medical records in compliance with PHCHS and JCAHO policies and procedures.
- Daily update of Electronic Medical Records and keep Document Manager in good standing for compliant Medical Records
- Follows appropriate scanning process as specified by UPHS/Department defined process, ensuring patient is properly identified and document is attached/routed appropriately in the EMR.
- Prioritizes and scans all appropriate paper data routinely as they come to the department in to the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Monthly CQI Report reflecting General Consent tracking Goal is zero yearly outstanding.
- Complete AOB updates daily and reporting weekly to meet documentation requirements.
- Tracking and processing necessary documentation for Medical Records and Reimbursement requirements
- Confirms visits in CPR+ Visit log for billing purposes daily
- Confirms the presence of the scanned file in the appropriate place in the EMR system prior to the destruction of the paper copy per department protocol.
- Sends requests and monitors tracking procedure of any Advanced Directives to be kept in the patient’s record.
- As appropriate and as per department protocols, responds to requests and questions related to medical records services in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Sorts, prioritizes, and disperses faxes and mail according to established protocols.
- Enables communication by answering the phone, providing excellent customer service, and by placing calls to internal and external information sources.
- Provides support and backup to Reception and Admin Support group when required.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Familiarity with computer workstation preferred.
- Previous experience performing related duties preferred.
- The incumbent should learn to perform the job satisfactorily within three months.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE