Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pharmacy Automation Technician, Inpatient, Central Fill--Full-time, Days--HUP
Job ID: 187744
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is seeking a full-time, day shift, Inpatient Central Fill Pharmacy Automation Technician at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP).
- The Pharmacy Automation Technician will work in collaboration with the Pharmacy Operations Coordinator for Narcotics and Peri-Op Pharmacy and other department leaders as assigned to provide specialized technical support for the department and the hospital in regard to the Automated Dispensing Systems. The Pharmacy Automation Technician will assist with entering end user profiles, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, assisting with the adjustment of par levels and other inventory changes, such as reviewing annual inventory in cabinets, drug shortages, adjustments to inventory based on area need and practice, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and initiate service calls and follow ups. This technician will assist with routine surveillance, clinic/pharmacy audits, investigation, and report analysis, interpretation and presentation on various reports (i.e. Discrepancy reports / Exception / Expirations/Override reports) in preparation for various hospital and department meetings along with needs related to routine surveillance of medication use and diversion monitoring. Additionally, this individual will assist with implementations of new equipment and software upgrades, and serve as a super user and resource for hospital and department staff both in end user training and questions. The individual will also provide cross functional support duties of the Inpatient Technician dependent upon operational need.
- Serves as a super user and will assist with the training and education of automated dispensing systems for pharmacy and hospital staff.
- Involved in the implementation of automated dispensing cabinets including but not limited to: set up, inventory assignments, coordination and communication with vendor and Health System IT support.
- Maintain the functional and operational integrity of the Automated Dispensing Systems including but not limited to: entering end user profiles, equipment troubleshooting, service calls/follow-up, inventory maintenance, general audits and cycle counts, and upgrades.
- Assist in routine and daily monitoring of reports, analysis, interpretation, collating data in preparation of various meetings and reviews with pharmacy leadership and other disciplines.
- Provide timely communication to staff and pharmacy leadership.
- Assists in maintaining records of automated dispensing equipment and users in accordance to the policies and procedures of the pharmacy department.
- Flexibility in hours as needed for equipment implementations/installations and projects.
- Responsible to maintain knowledge and competency of a pharmacy technician.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - PTCB
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Prior hospital pharmacy experience
Prior experience with automation dispensing / Information/Medication Order Entry systems
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE