Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Vendor Master/Special Accounts Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 187261
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Vendor Master/Special Accounts Specialist manages the Vendor add and change process, including determining the vendor tax classification and the income code assignment. The Specialist performs the vendor validations steps with the IRS and all required government watch-lists, communicates and works to resolve issues. The Specialist maintains and administers the Accounts Payable/Purchasing master file to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the data base. The Specialist also manages the credit card payment program, including enrollment, set-up and reconciliations, the recurring payment process and performs as a member of the Document Management process (scanning, validation, verification).
- Builds Infor List View reports and queries to analyze vendor master data, to avoid duplication, vendor merger changes and incorrect or missing data elements.
- Performs vendor validation for all new vendor requests
- Determines vendor classification-based vendor W9 forms
- Determines Independent Contractor status based on W9, services being performed and confirms completion of the ICDC forms
- Manages new and vendor change requests coming from the SCM Supplier Portal and Infor Vendor Add/Change Requests
- Works with SCM, End Users Departments and vendors to ensure data integrity in the Supplier Portal, including ACH set-up and changes
- Manages Bank of America Credit Card program, including enrolling/un-enrolling vendors, processing payments, reconciling vendor accounts, and reconciling general ledger account.
- Process recurring payment forms, validate all pertinent contract information and approvals are provided, scheduling payments.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- At least 1+ years of Accounts Payable vendor maintenance experience (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Basic Excel (pivot tables, vLookups)
- Ability to develop and customize Infor List View reports
- Understanding of W9 forms and 1099 filings
- Data analytical skills to find trends, potential duplicate data elements
- Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Ability to read, write, and communicate skillfully
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Ability to work independently
- Accounting skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE