Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Operations Nurse Specialist 3- PAH- Operating Room
Job ID: 186488
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Facilitating the daily OR schedule is a critical role in the Operating Room and is best handled by a team of coordinators, managers, consistent clerical staff, and a consistent schedule runner due to the need for day to day schedule activities, opportunities, collaborations, and unexpected events.
- Communication and decision making are key features of the individuals in this position. Consistency also supports skilled decision making in that the selected individual(s), by virtue of being present daily, will encounter various scenarios which will result in a higher level of preparedness over time. As with any other practiced skill, running the schedule consistently will expose the individual on a frequent basis to multiple issues and obstacles, and they will in turn develop a repertoire of scenarios to reflect back on to assist with problem solving. The schedule runner will act from a place of knowing, this will lend itself to a more proactive approach, as opposed to reactive approach.
- Exhibits leadership qualities in problem solving, setting priorities and clinical excellence
- Provides leadership and direction to OR personnel in the area of staffing and scheduling.
- Effectively manages and efficiently uses all resources and is proactive in assessing staffing to volume needs
- Daily management of time and resources, including but not limited to: case movement, case manipulation, trouble shooting, urgent and emergent cases, add-ons, allocating staff, re-assigning staff throughout day, room and patient flow, awareness of meeting schedules (involving staff, to manipulate resources), input into daily OT/Shifts needed, etc., multidisciplinary communication and inter-professional collaboration, and a high level of resource coordination and decision making.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships with all members of the healthcare team
- Identifies scheduling conflicts and resolves proactively.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity and health system.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Cert RN Operating Room
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 1+ years CARE level III or equivalent years of experience required.
1+ years Past experience in OR nursing in scrub and circulation role
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE