Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PeriOp Business Manager - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 188892
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Reporting to the CFO, and in collaboration with the CNO & key PeriOp leaders, provides proactive analysis, oversight and direction in the area of financial management for all matters including Revenue, Expenses and Capital for all of the cost centers within the division.
- Business/Programmatic Planning: Assists the CNO with development of department strategic plan and budget. Coordinates with Physicians, Service Lines and Administrators.
- Fiscal Accountability: Develops financial analysis to support strategic decisions using analytical tools. Proactively monitors and interprets ongoing financial performance and responds strategically. Assesses all expense categories, including salary variances. Acts as a resource to clinical managers in the assistance of such analyses.
- Capital Purchase: Assess the ongoing needs related to capital and minor equipment. Plans appropriately for the efficient use of allocated funds to ensure needs are met consistent with clinical priorities throughout the division. Implements plans for capital and minor equipment and maintains full Perioperative equipment retirement schedule. Execute Capital Purchase through the CER process.
- Supply Chain Utilization/Management: Partners with the CPD Data Analyst as it relates to the management of clinical supply chain and inventory control, implements and enforces policies relating to value analysis and new clinical product evaluations. Conducts analysis, both financial and clinical, by collaborating with clinical users to facilitate the onboarding of new clinical technologies.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Manages revenue cycle processes including billing and documentation integrity, charge reconciliation, and “work queue deficiencies”. Integrates clinical supply chain activities with billing and data collection to ensure continuity in the acquisition and billing cycles.
- Complex Resource Utilization Analysis including: Operating Room Capacity, Predictive Analytics, Block Time Utilization, Perioperative Labor Management.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance or Healthcare required.
- 5+ years Healthcare experience, preferably operational experience with Pharmacy or other Allied Health area required.
- Master of Arts or Science and 3+ years Healthcare experience, preferably operational experience with Pharmacy or other Allied Health area preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE