Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Sr Desktop Support Technician- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 188093
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of the Physical Plant at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time Sr. Desktop Support Technician:
- The Sr. Desktop Support Technician is responsible for daily, on-going and long-term support of all HUP Physical Plant technology needs. This includes computers, mobile devices, 2-way radios and conference room equipment. Will work with the Facilities staff in resolving issues and assessing future needs and strategies to ensure uninterrupted technical operations. Will liaise with appropriate Information Services teams in the delivery of services to the HUP Physical Plant sites including HUP Legacy, Pavilion, PCAM, Smilow, 3600 CCB, Rittenhouse, HUP Cedar and ISC.
- Provides on-site field technical support to Physical Plant staff. Performs basic installations, repairs, upgrades and maintenance on hardware and equipment. Assists in the analysis of technical products, systems and/or software
- Identifies and orders appropriate technological equipment for the department as needed
- Assists in the upgrades of Physical Plant’s various systems (BAS, CMMS, PEVCO, etc.), ensuring proper hardware requirements are met
- Answers staff / vendor questions and resolves technological issues, referring other issues / questions to the appropriate person for follow-up
- Assists with instructing staff in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment
- Maintains a current inventory of all Physical Plant computers / monitors, iPhones and mobile devices, updating as necessary
- Develops a functional understanding of the various Physical Plant systems (Maximo, Johnson Controls / Schneider Electric BAS systems, Pneumatic Tube systems, etc. to better assist with upgrades and hardware requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and use new technology, and to be up to date on the most current advances in computer technology / programs
- Acts as the Physical Plant technological liaison with Penn Medicine Information Services and various outside vendors
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years IT field support experience (Required)
- Associate of Arts or Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE