Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Coordinator/ Stem Cell Transplant - full time day shift at Penn Medicine
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 188962
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Associate Coordinator functions in an organized and time-conscious manner as a resource to the Cell Therapy and Transplant Coordinators enabling them to operate at the top of their practice scope. The Associate Coordinators will interface with patients/donors and members of the CTT Program as well as staff from internal and external entities.
- Scope of work includes facilitating required testing, obtaining testing results, preparing patient educational materials, scanning/faxing/emailing/copying, Epic documentation, recording minutes, tracking SOP reviews, scheduling meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Requires a detailed oriented candidate with strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be flexible to respond to requests and meet deadlines. Able to work collaboratively with team member as well as independently. Additional projects/assignments as assigned by Manager or Director.
- Function in an organized and time-conscious manner partnering with the CTT Coordinators and other departments to ensure patients receive care in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure patient testing is completed in the appropriate timeframe by faxing test requests, communicating with patients and monitoring their compliance in scheduling, etc. Retrieving testing results from external facilities faxing release forms if needed.
- Coordinate HLA typing for related donors, including interfacing with donors and answering questions, ensuring potential donors are appropriate for HLA typing and submitting completed NMDP HLA Testing request forms.
- Assist with approvals for mobilization agents for autologous collections through specialty pharmacies. Collaborating with Coordinator if delays or denials encountered.
- Prepare and send educational information to patients including treatment schedules/calendars.
- Communicate with patients to assess for changes in insurance information which could delay therapy.
- Assist with the coordination of the quarterly QI meeting through scheduling, requesting reports, preparing slide presentations and recording minutes.
- Facilitate the collection of key staff continuing educational activities on an annual basis to maintain FACT accreditation.
- Distribute policy review communications and track staff review activities in collaboration with the Quality Improvement Coordinator.
- Distribute for signature the annual competency checklist for key staff and ensure completion within in appropriate timeframe.
- Assist with coordination of logistics of the Program’s FACT inspection visit.
- Provide support to Coordinators by performing the following administrative duties: scanning, copying, faxing as needed, scheduling meetings.
- Identify potential problem areas such as service breakdowns, communication issues, scheduling difficulties, etc and contribute to solutions and improvements.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Clinical experience in a hospital/health care setting with patients, families, physicians, staff and administration is preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE