Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
CPD Quality and Educ Coord - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 189170
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This role is responsible for coordinating and performing activities in multiple roles within CPD to achieve optimal staff performance and departmental outcomes. Will ensure quality patient care and employee's competencies through integration of philosophy, professional activities and education provided to staff. In collaboration with the Clinical Director and the SPT Manager, the CPD Quality & Educ Coord develops, implements and evaluates designated educational programs including orientation, competency assessments, continuing education, in-services and regulatory compliance. Will coordinate all aspects impacting patient care within the department.
- Develop unit-based performance improvement multidisciplinary programs, which support the institution’s continuous performance improvement program.
- In conjunction with departmental leadership, supervise, evaluate and document employee performance for CPD employees.
- In collaboration with departmental leadership, develops, implements, and evaluates designated programs including but not limited to: orientation, required annual, continuous competence assessment, continuing education, vendor in-services for CPD department.
- Coordinates entry-level orientation and competence assessment for existing CPD and anesthesia tech Staff, new employees, employees with role changes, and supervisory personnel. Including the management of competencies for High Level Disinfection operations (including Cidex) for PAH & associated CPUP practices.
- Provide Input to CPD Leadership Group on employee evaluations for the purpose of staff competency.
- Analyzes Error / QA information to assure that errors are addressed appropriately with proper follow up and re-education of staff members.
- Censis Inventory System Educator and super user:
- Provides education for scope reprocessing with ongoing surveillance
- In conjunction with leadership, supervise, evaluate and document employee performance
- Actively participates in continual survey readiness, ensuring staff are equipped to participate in regulatory rounds and surveys
- Develops unit-based performance improvement multidisciplinary programs, which support the institution's continuous performance improvement programs
- Oversee regulatory compliance for CPD department.
- Develop and monitor sterile processing and reprocessing performance improvement programs.
- CSMM Certified Registered Central Service Technician - CRCST required.
- Graduate of a Central Processing or Surgical Technician Program. Completed a central processing training course and/or internship within a hospital/medical center preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 3+ years Previous hospital experience as a Central Processing or Operating Room Technician required.
- 3 years previous education experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE