Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Internal Communications Specialist: Remote
Job ID: 189123
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Internal Communications Specialist serves as a member of the Penn Medicine Communications Department, reporting to the Senior Director for Internal Communications. This role partners with clients to develop appropriate, targeted, communication collateral to meet the objectives of assigned projects and organizational priorities. The Specialist will execute communication strategies and assist in developing collateral in support of change initiatives aligned with Penn Medicine strategic goals.
- The role will focus in large part on change communications activities related to the Pavilion, Penn Medicine's newest, most advanced inpatient facility on the campus of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
This position is full time remote with some occasions that require onsite work.
- Manage assigned tasks and small projects, collaborating effectively with clients to devise strategy and execute print, web, and multimedia communications collateral.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project strategy and tactics are achieved on time and on budget; tracking projects in traffic management programs from initial concept through to completion.
- Develop clear, concise communications – both written and multimedia – designed to provide need-to-know information to Penn Medicine’s workforce around important institutional changes, values, and initiatives.
- Support Penn Medicine Academy to develop communication materials and support of enterprise wide organization development and change management initiatives.
- Assist with event production, meeting management, and special activities such as employee engagement and recognition events.
- Collect and analyze defined metrics to evaluate success of new communications deliverables.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Communications/English/ Marketing, Design, Journalism or related fields
0-1 years Experience in an internal or communications role in a corporate setting or consulting firm demonstrating the ability to complete complex and thoughtful work;
Experience managing multiple projects from concept to completion, on time and on budget
Experience with MS Office
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite of applications preferred.
Healthcare experience preferred
Experience with analytics tracking programs, including Google analytics, to track, analyze and report on web, email and social media effectiveness preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE