Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Manager Ambulatory RN for Heart & Vascular
Job ID: 187501
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Heart & Vascular Center is looking for an experienced Clinical Manager, Ambulatory to join our team. HVC is a high volume practice serving on average of 300+ patients daily with various types of heart and vascular disease. In this role, the Clinical Manager will work closely with our Practice Administrator, Clinical Nurse Manager, and our team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, APP’s and nursing support staff to ensure optimal daily clinic efficiency and flow. Responsibilities are primarily overseeing daily outpatient clinical operations, managing 22+ direct reports, inventory, maintain regulatory compliance, maintenance of clinical equipment, staff scheduling. Experience in management with direct reports required. The ideal candidate will possess strong skills and abilities in staff training and re-education, knowledge of regulatory compliance, critical thinking, problem solving, and employee engagement.
- Employee Satisfaction and Engagement: communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationships in an effort to create and sustain a positive work environment
- Establishes/update work processes and work practices
- Manages team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellence
- Responsible for staff development activities including but not limited to: team professional development, recruitment and retention
- Oversee clinical operations in the practice including budgeting (where applicable), clinical project management, strategic and operational planning, quality, regulatory compliance (Joint Commission, CMS, DOH, OSHA) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Patient Care: Provides oversight to team as it relates to the seamless delivers great quality care and great service using effective processes and tools
- Communication: Fosters an environment where proactive communication and problem solving is expected. Establishes communication expectations that enable high performance of team and individuals
- Learning: Leverages knowledge for competitive advantage and developing team members through application of Penn Medicine research, continuous improvement, performance management, and competency development
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- ACLS or PALS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
5+ years total clinical experience including RN and prior leadership experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE