Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager Transplant Financial Coordination at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 188937
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Manager, Transplant Financial Coordination is accountable for managing the financial coordination process for transplant services for Kidney, Liver, Pancreas, Heart, Lung, and Living Donor Programs throughout all transplant phases of care. This role supervises the Transplant Financial Coordinators and fosters a team dynamic of excellence and service, and reports to the Business Operations Administrator. They maintain knowledge of all relevant systems including the EPIC revenue cycle applications and ensures the competency of the Transplant Financial Coordinators. They are also responsible for interfacing with the Managed Care department to ensure the sharing of insurance plan updates, challenges with coverage and negotiation of single case agreements.
- Responsible for the delivery of customer focused financial services at the Penn Transplant Institute as well as the technical and consultative support to Patient Financial Services, Patient Financial Advocacy, Transplant claims department,
- Ensures timely completion of financial clearance for referrals, evaluations, waitlist additions, transplants, and post-transplant care
- Oversees the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly transplant case tracking. Ensures all index transplant admissions are registered correctly and appropriately authorized by insurance payors (if applicable.)
- Ensures PennChart best practices for Transplant Financial Clearance are identified, implemented, and followed by the transplant financial coordinator team.
- Responsible for ensuring PennChart best practices for Transplant Schedgistration are identified, implemented, and followed by the Penn Transplant Institute staff and external departments utilized for transplant diagnostic testing.
- Responsible for ensuring urgent inpatient transfers and evaluations are reviewed and financially cleared.
- Works with the Business Operations Administrator to establishe and maintain policies and guidelines
- Assists staff in addressing challenges and skill deficits, while providing guidance and support to team members
- Provides mentorship and development opportunities for Transplant Financial Coordinator
- Ensures new hires are provided adequate orientation and training to display competence
- Review, edit, approve all timecards bi-weekly and manage employee schedules, on-call coverage, and time off requests per department guidelines
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Major/Area of study: Business, Finance or Health Administration
5+ years healthcare management experience
- Master of Arts or Science (Preferred)
- Major/Area of Study: Business, Finance or Health Administration
Degree may be considered in lieu of healthcare management experience
Previous experience with transplant patient revenue cycle/financial management
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE