Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor Administrative Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 188671
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Supervisor, Administrative Services is responsible for the day to day operations and supervision of administrative staff for the department. The Supervisor supports the management team and physicians, supports the delivery of high quality care, promotes confidentiality of protected information, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial/operational targets. The Supervisor uses acquired knowledge and takes initiative to make processes and practices effective and efficient and in line with department standards.
- Manages day to day planning, operations, and problem solving for the administrative staff, including schedules and staffing
- Event planning and coordination for various events and meetings: invitations, materials, location, catering, manages all activities before/during/after event
- Oversees the divisional Press Ganey / patient satisfaction initiatives including reviewing and analyzing data, recommending process improvements, responding to hot comment
- Oversees the administrative support provided to faculty and all administrative support needed for the division(s)
- Effectively works with the manager and providers to establish, implement, and maintain practice policies, procedures and efficient systems that support daily operations, including development and updating of the departments administrative secretarial staff policies
- Organizes and attends meetings as assigned and communicates appropriate information to staff
- Monitors employee compliance reports and notifies employees when they are due for testing or training. Maintains employee records and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervision of designated administrative staff; assists staff members in addressing challenges and skill deficits
- Recruits, hires, and trains / oversees training of new employees
- Assists with the development and updating of relevant staff policies, and revise job descriptions as necessary
- Participates in exchange of information with all levels of the organization (including support staff and supervisors), Administration offices, Chairman’s offices, physicians, patients, fellows, visitors, etc.; information is often complex and highly confidential in nature
- Ensures efficient usage and ordering of office supplies
- Models a feedback rich environment including conducting performance appraisals annually
- Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for patient/employee safety
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards (ex TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, ACGME, etc.)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- 4+ years Experience in supervisory role. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Experience in an academic or health care setting.
2+ years Additional relevant work experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE