Job ID: 179480
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Resolves issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a data network such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs). Configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, and tunes network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, and end offices, signaling transfer points. Participates in network planning for network infrastructure enhancements & expansions. Documents work and maintains required documentation.
Escalates appropriately to Senior Network Technician or Manager when a problem, issue, or configuration change arises. Also escalates to manager when additional support is needed in order to resolve an issue.
Machines/Tools & Equipment:
Network engineering certificate (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· High School Diploma required; 4 year degree preferred
· Two or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
· Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and at least two network systems (e.g., Cisco, Nortel)
· Experience working with network systems, networking principles
· Experience working with network software and hardware
· Experience working with proprietary software and hardware
· Healthcare environment experience is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.