This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 188105
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Per Diem Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Patient Care Tech to join our team in the Emergency Department in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a Per Diem opportunity.
In the Center for Emergency Care, the Patient Care Technician is a caregiver who facilitates patient care through the performance of tasks as designated by the professional staff. Patient Care Techs are responsible for assisting staff nurses and physicians with complex treatment procedures, working one-on-one with patients to draw blood work, obtain EKGs, and transport patients to and from various departments, as requested.
Our 20,000 square-foot Center for Emergency Care at Penn Medicine Princeton Health provides state-of-the-art emergency medicine and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Emergency Department is staffed around-the-clock by board-certified emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants’/nurse practitioners, registered nurses; who are trained in trauma, emergency care and disaster preparedness, and patient care technicians. PMC’s Center for Emergency Care sees close to 50,000 patients each year from throughout the greater Mercer/Middlesex county region. Our acuity levels are based on a 1-5 Emergency Severity Index with 1 as the highest acuity and 5 as the lowest acuity.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assists staff nurse and/or physician in complicated treatment procedures.
• Draws blood work (venipuncture); labels specimens properly, sends to lab via messenger.
• Obtains EKGs as ordered.
• Utilizes appropriate procedures to ensure infection control.
• Transports patients to and from various departments as requested.
• Reports (and when appropriate, records) any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
• Enters orders into computer according to procedure.
• Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of the equipment according to the specific product information and PMPH's policies and procedures.
• Attends all mandatory department/hospital in services as recommended by regulatory agencies.
• Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
• Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
• Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Basic Cardiac Life Support
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements
• Clerical, computer, electrocardiography and venipuncture skills - required.
• Excellent customer service orientation, teamwork approach, flexibility and ability to follow directions and complete tasks independently.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.