Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Food and Nutrition Supervisor - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 188329
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, Executive Chef, and Manager of Retail Operations, the Per Diem Supervisor will assist in the day-to-day operations to include food preparation, food plating and delivery, upholding all of its standards and meeting the goals of the department. This position will relieve weekday operations and support weekend staffing needs. The Per Diem Food and Nutrition Supervisor supervises the preparation and serving of food for patients and staff. The individual will possess specific hands-on experience in hospital patient feeding with knowledge of overall operations. Some retail experience and technical knowledge utilizing software technology in patient and retail settings is preferred. Additional expectations of this position will include, but not limited to, professionalism, teamwork, and patient centered care.
- Coordinates daily shift assignment of all staff positions to include coverage for callouts and unplanned emergencies.
- Oversees VISION™ patient delivery software program and Agilysis ™ retail cash handling system.
- Ensures proper food preparation and handling techniques for HACCP guidelines are followed.
- Supervises compliance to Joint Commission and the Philadelphia Department of Health standards and regulations ensuring the entire operation is in state of readiness always.
- Reviews food presentation and ensures correct standards are followed.
- Ensures equipment is in safe working order and follows the guidelines to report anything that falls out of compliance including but not limited to refrigeration and freezer temperatures, dishmachine and steam table well temperatures and discrepancies.
- Upholds and follows all of Pennsylvania Hospital policies for Food and Nutrition.
- Effectively communicates and ensures the understanding of UPHS mission, vision, and values.
- CFP ServSafe Food Protection
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science in Nutrition, Culinary, Retail Management or similar required.
- 3+ years experience required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Nutrition, Culinary, Retail Management or similar and 3+ years hospital or similar setting is preferred.
- 3+ years progressive management experience preferred.
- Serv Safe Certified preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE