Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator Sonographer - OB-GYN MFM
Job ID: 189331
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F Daylight
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations within the Department of OBGYN, specific to sonography. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff, completing clinical competencies, and evaluations of staff under their supervision. The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions. This role will establish oneself as the leader as it relates to patients, families, staff, and physicians within the domains of clinical judgment, communication, quality, performance improvement, and fiscal management.
- Participates in clinical care as necessary.
- Assumes overall accountability for their area of responsibility. Delegate’s responsibility to others, in their absence.
- Maintains positive and effective interpersonal relations with all members of the OBGYN team; including but not limited to all levels of physician, nursing, and support staff.
- Exhibits leadership qualities in problem-solving, setting priorities, and clinical excellence.
- Collaborates with nursing, physicians, and administrative leadership and provides tangible feedback concerning staff performance.
- Assists the practice operations and/or clinical leads with appropriate staffing, quality, and compliance (JACHO, CMS, DOH, OSHA) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports excellence in patient care, patient safety net review, and service recovery initiatives
- Identifies scheduling conflicts and resolves them proactively.
- The Coordinator is responsible for providing guidance and support to the technical staff and directing the daily activities and work schedule of assigned Sonographers in practice.
- The Coordinator will work with Lead Sonographers in the practices to standardize onboarding and competencies of the sonographers across the Department. Strategically manages sonographer staffing to maximize resources and efficiencies across the division/department.
- Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, undressing, and any assistance needed during the exam
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARDMS or RDMS (Required)
- Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduate of accredited US program
3+ years Ultrasonography experience in OBGYN
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE