Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Princeton Home Health Resource Team LPN
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 192232
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time- Day Shift- 40 hours/ week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) functions collaboratively within the team by observing the patient/family needs and facilitating care. The LPN provides direct nursing care to home health or hospice patients within the scope of practice for LPNs. The individual will follow the Plan of Care (POC) established by the RN and the Interdisciplinary Team for patients. This position must be able to see patients in the various geographic areas PMAH serves as determined by agency contracts.
- Provides home health and infusion nursing services to patients through regularly scheduled home visits.
- Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments within the LPN scope of practice including blood specimen collection from peripheral and central access devices and central venous catheter dressing changes.
- Administers medications and vaccines as ordered by physician/provider.
- Implements the nursing plan of care formulated by the Registered Nurse (RN) for patients and their families. Reports assessment findings to the RN so that changes to the plan of care can be made by the RN Case Manager.
- Assists in the planning and evaluation of the nursing care for patients and their families.
- Documents all interventions, patient/family response, and medication administered in the medical record. Maintains patient records so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately and clearly stated. Completes patient notes the same day that patient is seen or shift care provided.
- Updates and adjusts care continuously via best-practice standards as reflected in nursing actions which are consistent with recognized nursing theories and established knowledge.
- Communicates directly with the RN, RN Case Manager, and all interdisciplinary team members. Assumes weekend and holiday coverage for patient assignment as determined by agency need and policy on a rotation basis with peers.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- LPN-PA or LPN-NJ (Required)
- Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey LPN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of an approved Practical Nursing program
2+ years Acute care, home care, hospice care, or long-term care experience
2+ years Full time experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE