Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nurse Practitioner Clinic
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 190586
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Provides comprehensive, coordinated and continuous outpatient care to patients at TCCH in collaboration with the OB/GYN physicians and other members of the
- Performs physical exams, orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes medications, treatments and makes referrals.
- Medically manages OB/GYN patients including high risk patients.
- Diagnoses and prescribes necessary treatments.
- Acts as a clinical resource person to staff and peers.
- Administers medications using the 5 Rights, utilizing correct calculations, and providing all relevant guidance and risks.
- Administers medications pursuant to the Collaborative Agreement for drugs that are relevant to an OB/GYN practice.
- Seeks clarification from Physicians as needed.
- Documents prescribed treatments, therapies, assessments and interventions.
Professional Role Development
- Serves as a role model by developing own nursing knowledge: professional literature, certification, networking and attending continuing education programs
- Promotes best practice by demonstrating commitment to safe quality patient care and the profession of nursing
- Mentors nursing staff.
- Maintains a collaborative agreement with a CCH OB/GYN on staff.
- Attends in-services and seminars to maintain CEU’s necessary for Certification in Women’s Health with NCC.
Education Training and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program and Nurse Practitioner school.
- Pennsylvania licensure for RN and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in Women’s Health required.
- Certification in Women’s Healthcare specialty by NCC required.
- Active PA license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Active PA license as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner required.
- Active PA license for Prescriptive Privileges required.
- Active certification with NCC as a Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Inpatient Obstetric RN required.
- CPR certification required.
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- RNC-INPT or RNC-OB or WHNP-BC (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE