Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 192137
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Access Administrator
Department:Ortho PMUC6 Administration
Location: Penn Medicine University City - 3737 Market St
Hours: Full time regular
- Access Administrator supports department with developing and implementing the goals and standards that directly support the strategic plan and vision for patient access & satisfaction of the Department across all divisions and locations. Compiles data and conducts special projects as necessary for departmental initiatives. Incumbent will work with Department leadership to monitor and optimize cost/benefit of practices, including size of practice/number of sessions and responsibilities for clinical support. Maintaining current training and certification for use of the APM scheduling and management system. Ensure that all staff are adequately trained and certified; optimizing use of the scheduling and reporting systems. The incumbent is responsible for utilizing and monitoring the clinical capacity calculator to ensure maximum session utilization and coverage. The Access Administrator will report on the analysis of access metrics for areas of opportunity and federally mandated reporting/compliance related to CMS quality measures, as well as Press Ganey for patient satisfaction scores around both access and wait time. In conjunction with other senior management staff, leads the management for room utilization across all locations for clinical activities, including clinical trial research. The Access Administrator will be a direct liaison with the access center to optimize and sustain one call scheduling through the use of the customized questionnaire and other techniques.
- Assists practice managers with creation and management of clinic templates for Department; oversees all templated sessions.
- Assists Department with developing and maintaining electronic questionnaires and protocols for efficient and effective scheduling; monitors compliance with questionnaires and protocols.
- Assists Department with the development, implementation and upkeep of scheduling guidelines and outpatient operational policies, procedures, standards and initiatives including providers’ scheduling templates and assists with the impact to room allocation.
- Serve as liaison between practice managers and Department for all escalations related to provider scheduling changes and room capacity.
- Serve as liaison to Ambulatory Access Center for all Department related issues (if applicable)
- Disseminate information to the practice manager(s), access center, new patient coordinator and secretarial staff on how to effectively monitor utilization of the schedule.
- Analyze Epic scheduling template and identifies process improvement opportunities to provide better customer satisfaction and improve the revenue cycle.
- Assist Department with development of dashboards to analyze weekly, monthly, and annual volume, bump and same day cancel reports; assists in communicating results to practice management.
- Assist Department with development & implementation of measureable patient access goals and objectives; monitor schedules for compliance that impact the Department (new vs return visits, scheduling NPV within 2 weeks, etc.).
- Reviews Press Ganey scores and comments with Department then distributes to divisions quarterly.
- Assist Department with driving the patient experience through development and implementation of innovative programs aimed at increasing access and ease of scheduling an appointment.
- Assists practice managers and providers with any scheduling issues; creates and manages to completion any related IT tickets.
- Assist with template schedules during the absence of practice managers.
- Updates provider profiles and diagnosis list across multiple areas including web and marketing materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned for special projects and Departmental initiatives.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 7+ years of progressively responsible positions in health care administration in a university/hospital setting
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degrees may be considered in lieu of total experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE