Job ID: 185471
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-f 8am-4:30pm - Remote
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The role of the Marketing Contact Center (MCC) Referral Nurse is to offer exceptional service for those seeking guidance and medical assistance within the vast services of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS). The Referral Nurse upholds the highest standards of the nursing profession and work ethic within the framework of UPHS policies and procedures.
The Referral Nurse provides information and access to Penn Medicine-owned and affiliated physicians, program services, and educational seminars. S/he responds to multi-channel inquiries from patients, physicians, employees, etc., regarding services offered within the Contact Center in accordance with established department guidelines.
The Referral Nurse answers inbound calls from patients and customers, including scheduling and information requests, registration for classes and events, handling of physician-to-physician calls, and the sensitive treatment of cancer calls. S/he provides information and access to physician services for Penn Signature Services (PSS) programs: Patient Facilitated Services (PFS), Penn Passport, Executive Health, Pavilion, and Penn Global Medicine (PGM).
The Referral Nurse handles nurse-specific contacts related to After Visit Summary (AVS), Guardian Nurse, and Patient First Urgent Care Centers. The position also performs outbound calls in response to digital/web-based patient communication, including appointment requests, responses to Penn Medicine campaigns, social media follow-up, compliments/complaints, psychiatry, and transplants.
The Referral Nurse facilitates all responses to patient/customer requests with expertise, expediency, and proficiency. S/he displays human qualities of empathy, compassion, kindness, and patience.
The Referral Nurse exemplifies Penn Medicine Core Values and exhibits strong Customer Service skills, a patient-centric attitude, a collaborative team spirit, and the ability to think critically and quickly.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in clinical nursing.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license.
- Experience with Window applications, phone systems, the Web, and cross-system navigation
- Customer Service experience
- Marketing and/or up-sell/cross-sell experience
- Previous experience at Penn Medicine
- Experience with public contact and patient registration
- 1 year of oncology experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have pleasing telephone voice and manner, good diction, professional grammar, and good spelling.
- Must show initiative to learn the structure of Penn Medicine and the services, programs, and clinical research available in the various clinical departments.
- Must exemplify the highest level of guest relations; must be able to maintain courteous and helpful demeanor regardless of the manner of the caller.
- Ability to work quickly while making accurate decisions.
- Ability to exercise keen judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to makes appropriate decisions based upon the situation.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.