Job ID: 177581
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Network Technician resolves issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a data network such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs). This individual configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, and tunes network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multifunction switches, and end offices, signaling transfer points. Participates in network planning for network infrastructure enhancements & expansions.
• Completes the maintenance of the data network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors.
• Provides moderate to complex technical support and guidance on network design issues. Provides problem resolution of problems to less experienced personnel. • Implements and maintains LAN and WAN systems in accordance with specified requirements.
• Documents work and maintains required documentation.
• Escalates appropriately to Senior Network Technician or Manager when a problem, issue, or configuration change arises. Escalates to manager when additional support is needed in order to resolve an issue.
• Participates in planning and status meetings with key client personnel to understand program/project requirements and communicate our implementation process to the client.
• Provides, support and guidance to organizations and clients. May develop and conduct training as needed or appropriate. Manages client expectations and works with the Project Managers to provide project status throughout the project, supports project goals, budgets and timelines.
• Participates in on-call rotation. • Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.