Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health is seeking a Per Diem RN to join their Float Pool team! The individual must be available to work 4 (8 hour) shifts per 4-week schedule, including 2 consecutive weekend shifts.
- The staff registered nurse is responsible for the provision of nursing care based on standards of professional nursing practice. The RN demonstrates knowledge in the nursing process including: assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- The RN utilizes primary nursing to achieve optimal patient outcomes and tales an integral role in collaborating with other disciplines toward patient outcome.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a plan of nursing care based on goals derived from identified needs; revises the patients individualized plan of care as indicated
- Implements individualized nursing plan of care, consistent with established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Evaluates and documents patient responses to nursing care, and participates in evaluating and improving the delivery of care on the unit
- Demonstrates accuracy in entering medication orders on the computer and medication administration
- Provides appropriate coordination of care and intervention to patients undergoing a psychiatric or medical emergency
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systematically collects, communicates, and documents data about health status and nursing needs of patients on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrates clinical practice based on a sound knowledge base regarding behavioral health nursing and psychotropic medications
- Assumes responsibility for co-leading therapeutic groups as indicated. Leadership is reflective of a theory based in group therapy
- Demonstrates competency in all clinical programs at Princeton House
- Maintains clinical competency in specific area of practice
- Will use evidence based practices to prevent central line associated bloodstream infections
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to provide consistent quality healthcare services in a professional, caring and responsive environment
- Follows establishes safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment
- Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment. Assures the timely completion of duties, promotes financial viability through provision of services at a reasonable cost
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of adult behavioral health clients
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and projects as assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- ANCC certification in psychiatric mental health nursing preferred
- CARN certification preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
- Previous behavioral health experience preferred
- A registered nurse with an Associate’s Degree with greater than 5 years of clinical experience in a clinical specialty may be considered.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.