Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator RN- Remote with EP at HUP
Job ID: 192404
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F 8a-5p No Holiday/Weekends
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This Clinical Coordinator RN role is within the Department of Cardiac Electrophysiology’s Remote Monitoring Clinic for patients with cardiac pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs), and/or implantable cardiac monitors/loop recorders. The Clinical Coordinator leads a small team of Patient Services Associates, Administrative Services Associates, Remote Device Associates, and an Administrative Coordinator, and works alongside the department’s Advanced Practice Providers and Physicians, as well as external vendors. The remote monitoring team works within various remote monitoring websites, Paceart Optima, and EPIC, to ensure the appropriate, timely, and consistent review, management and coordination of remote transmissions from patients’ cardiac devices. The role entails oversight and coordination of enrolling patients and scheduling transmissions in remote websites, updating patient profiles and cardiac device information in Paceart Optima, scheduling appointments and registering patients in EPIC, calling patients to assist with sending transmissions and troubleshooting monitor connectivity, reviewing remote monitoring transmissions, and more. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for managing all office functions related to the above, plus interaction with departmental staff.
The EP Remote Monitoring Clinic Coordinator RN will work closely with the Electrophysiology team and Remote Monitoring Team in the management and coordination of care of patients with EP devices. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages staff of nine, including remote device associates, administrative coordinator, administrative services associates, and patient services associates, including productivity, work quality, training, and scheduling.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and complete billing of remote device services according to departmental protocols.
- Develops and/or optimizes workflows, staffing analyses, and operational enhancements for the remote monitoring clinic.
- Ensures timely, consistent, and longitudinal patient follow-up with remote device transmissions, including enrollment, maintaining connectivity, and appropriate scheduling and billing.
- Primary liaison for remote monitoring clinic with device company vendors for enrollment, report reconciliations, and other issues as they arise.
- Reviewing and documenting on all remote transmissions of implanted devices (pacemakers, defibrillators, and implantable loop recorders) per departmental procedures and policy. Provide triage care as needed in coordination with clinical EP team (physician and APP).
- Ensure education of patients regarding remote monitoring.
- Provide telephonic support and coordinate care to ensure appropriate follow-up for EP device patients, in coordination with departmental staff including administrative personnel, APPs, and physicians.
- Ensure coordination, triage, and documentation of daily remote monitoring alerts for implanted cardiac devices.
All of the above is supervised by the electrophysiologist who reviews and signs all procedure and remote transmissions.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts of Science (Required)
- 3-5 years EP experience working with implanted cardiac devices and remote monitoring (Preferred)
- 2-3 years ambulatory care nursing experience (Preferred)
- Management experience (Preferred)
- Paceart Optima experience (Preferred)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- ACLS or PALS (Required)
- IBHRE certification (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE