Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager: Marketing Analytics
Job ID: 192872
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: May REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Under the direction of the Marketing Analytics leadership and in partnership with the customer engagement team, this role will perform a range of functions in support of marketing research, customer research, market assessment and marketing program evaluation. This role will lead projects intended to improve the organization's understanding of its customers and provide reporting and analytical solutions to the Marketing Department in order to measure and improve the effectiveness of marketing strategies and campaigns. Works with large and complex databases and is advanced in the technology stack of the department. Provides coaching, mentoring and fosters the development of junior staff.
Penn Medicine's Customer Analytics and Marketing Technology Solutions Team works to develop data-driven insights, and advise on, create, and maintain integrated experiences built on leading edge technologies. Partnering with our Digital and Marketing Strategy functions, we provide a vast array of skills and work collaboratively to enable best-in-class patient and provider experiences.
MARKETING PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
- Responsible for development and distribution of insights related to Marketing and Business Development’s customer and/or physician campaign and outreach strategies. Influences physician, patient and customer growth strategies and provides significant support for marketing planning efforts. This may include data analysis, report development, dashboard development, data visualization, and similar approaches to reach end-goals.
- Identify client objectives and advise on suitable measurement strategies.
- Use methodical performance analysis to influence/support marketing strategies.
- Analyze the effect of different marketing channels and leads the development and implementation of innovative strategies for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with various teams to enhance client reporting and performance measurement to conduct detailed analysis work when required.
- In addition to setting up standard reports, will continually mine marketing data sources for nuggets of information and insights to improve marketing performance.
- Lead the marketing, digital, and/or business development strategy teams by providing actionable insights representing all marketing channels and pathways. The reports, insights and dashboards will directly influence marketing strategic decisions as well as individual workplans across the department.
- Stay informed and aligned with the data management objectives of the department. At a minimum, must have knowledge of all available data sources within Marketing, as well as all on-going reports. Partner with the Data Manager and/or Senior Manager in developing and approving marketing reports. Independently work within Marketing’s customer relationship management platform.
- Stay abreast of health care, marketing, and technology-related issues to serve as a knowledgeable leader and system resource. Maintain skill levels in technology tools required to perform job requirements.
- Indirect or direct management of an Analyst within the Customer Analytics group; fosters the development of junior staff and guides their delivery related to key projects under Managers span of control.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing Research, Marketing, Business Analytics, or related field required with 7+ years of working in related field
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Marketing, MBA, Statistics, or related field and 5+ years working in related field is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with ability to plan and execute multiple complex projects, while resourcefully managing risks and communicating across stakeholders
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to establish credibility as a strategic thought partner
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to define and achieve objectives with limited oversight if needed
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Advanced experience using BI and other analytics tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Advanced experience with SQL and/or other relational database management systems; including ability to query large datasets, clean and transform data, and understand data relationships
- Advanced experience in marketing analytic methods, including utilization of statistical tools to analyze and interpret data
- Advanced experience in leveraging data to story tell in a clear and concise manner to a broad and varied audience including data visualization best practices
- Advanced experience in compiling and presenting analysis findings to stakeholder groups and marketing leadership, and provide tangible insights and optimizations
- Advanced experience in managing vendors to align with marketing strategic goals
Department: Customer Engagement Marketing Analytics
Position Address: 3600 Civic Center Blvd
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE