Job ID: 192026
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Summary of Accountabilities: Supports Cardiovascular Medicine Administrator and the Clinical Director, Cardiology Procedural Nursing in preparing and reporting on all financial activities within Cardiovascular Medicine including CPUP and HUP. Incumbent is responsible for managing Cardiovascular Medicine cost centers, participating in the annual budget process, preparation of monthly variance reports which include cost center supply and labor analysis, account accruals, statistical reporting and variance justification. In addition, incumbent is responsible for managing faculty professional expense accounts, preparation of quarterly incentive compensation plans, WRVU reports, and review of faculty, fellow and staff reimbursements.
· Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and visitors, according to HUP policy and HIPAA regulations.
· Anticipates patients' / customers' needs and assures they are met in a timely fashion to ensure their satisfaction.
· Always maintains a pleasant disposition, even in the most adverse circumstances.
· Makes every attempt to meet patients/customers and family special needs; Takes ownership of customers' needs and follows through to make sure needs are addressed.
· Knows process of when and whom to notify when an issue becomes too complicated to solve independently.
· Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient /Employee safety
· Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position.
· Speaks to patients and their families in a developmentally appropriate manner.
· Communicates with sensitivity to possible hearing difficulties and memory and information processing difficulties.
· Includes parents in instructions and planning for the care of an adolescent.
· Assists in the monitoring of expenses and revenue for Cardiovascular Medicine at HUP and CPUP (expenses are in excess of $38 million per year).
· Prepares monthly financial reports for EP and Cath labs which adequately explain budget variances.
· Prepares monthly volumes statistical reports for EP, Cath and non-invasive labs
· Prepares EP and Cath lab inventory variance analyses to explain budget variances against volumes
· Assists in the preparation of the annual lab budgets for Cardiovascular Medicine.
· Prepares physician work RVU reports and physician incentive plan quarterly.
· Prepares accounts payable check requests for Cardiovascular Medicine. Serves as primary liaison to AP for the Cardiovascular Division.
· Creates and manages blanket purchase orders.
· Maintains and processes physician professional expense accounts.
· Prepares monthly statistical reports using the Rev 3 report.
· Prepares various financial reports as needed.
· Schedules or coordinates activities effectively.
· Purchases, maintains, and distributes office supplies to ensure adequate quantities are available.
· Assists Cardiovascular Administrator with special and ongoing projects.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Bookkeeping/Accounting experience preferred. Must be proficient with computers including the use of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access. 3 - 5 years of experience required.
Hours of work need to be flexible depending on needs of the Department. Hours can range from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Forty hours per week. Overtime may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.