Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Accounts Receivable Representative CBO
Job ID: 192960
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-hour day shift | Remote
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In accordance with PBO guidelines, follows up on accounts receivable for designated payers in an effort to expedite payment and ensure maximum reimbursement.
There are 3 available shifts:
7am-3:30pm, 7:30am-4pm, and 8am-4:30pm
- Responsible for complying with all established internal guidelines in an effort to ensure timely and accurate collection of outstanding invoices and correct usage of accounting mechanisms and reporting capabilities using EPIC accounts receivable system.
- Effectively utilize all electronic tools available to understand and resolve rejected or unpaid claims.
- Identifies and reports to immediate supervisor any third-party rejection trends or other issues that may affect claims payment.
- Meets and strives to exceed the productivity measurements as set forth by the PBO senior leadership.
- Complies with the standards set forth by documenting comments as indicated:
- Action taken on follow-up.
- Balance/payment information.
- Next follow-up and appropriate activity code used in EPIC.
- When requesting information from departments, ensures professional and appropriate comments are made in EPIC in their continued efforts to build positive working relationships with all departments, both internal and external to the PBO.
- Provides required documentation to third party payers in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains training and successfully keeps up-to-date on all features regarding EPIC AR Follow-up.
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of how the EPIC system can best be utilized.
- Acquires and maintains a good working knowledge of how the CPUP/ EPIC physician billing system is constructed to assure knowledge and compliance with any special data entry requirements.
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, payer websites, document imaging, Correct Coding Software and the SMS system.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required).
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Preferred).
- 2+ years of experience in a billing environment (Required).
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ICD9 or ICD10, and CPT coding (Required).
- Knowledge of basic PC operations, specifically MS Word, Excel and Outlook (Preferred).
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE