Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Medical Courier and Telehealth Technician
Job ID: 193393
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Penn Medicine at Home (PMAH) Medical Courier and Telehealth Technician is responsible for the delivery of supplies across the PMAH service area, the pickup and handling of specimens and medications, and the installation and retrieval of the telehealth equipment in patients' home. This position will provide in home-support and patient education on the use of the telehealth device, and assist with technical support and troubleshooting. Additionally, this position is responsible for the cleaning and decontamination of telehealth equipment. This position will support the Virtual Case Management program by serving as an integral member of the Telehealth Program as well as a member of the patient and equipment logistics team.
- Telehealth Equipment Delivery/Pickup/Patient Education – Delivers, installs and removes telehealth equipment from patient’s homes. Provides patient education and instruction on the use of the telehealth equipment. Obtains a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting - Assists with troubleshooting technical issues, and provides technical support to patients. This includes rebooting tablets and pairing of peripheral devices such as blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeters, and scales that have lost Bluetooth connectivity. Performs preventative maintenance, checks equipment to ensure proper functioning and reports any inoperative or malfunctioning equipment.
- Patient Environment - Performs structural/environmental and home safety assessments as related to equipment.
- Infection Control – Maintains proper storage of equipment and supplies and follows infection control procedures during patient encounters and equipment decontamination. Follows infection control procedures when cleaning and processing equipment. Handles all specimens and lab samples in safe and efficient manner.
- Documentation - Accurately documents patient equipment delivery/pick-up, and patient education in Electronic Medical Record. Maintains accurate records and logs (e.g. equipment and supply inventory).
- Medical Supply and Specimen Transportation: Ensures that medical supplies and specimens are securely stored in the delivery vehicle. Maps out a route to the destination, considering traffic and mileage. Ensures the punctual collection and delivery of medical supplies and responds to time sensitive stat jobs and works with a sense of urgency. Accurately count and take inventory of medical supplies to be collected or delivered.
- Communication - Communicates any unusual findings and/or occurrences, obvious changes in patient’s physical, mental or social status, home safety hazards, refusal of service, or patient/family dissatisfaction to manager or administrator on call. Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative relationship with all members of the team including patients/caregivers, home-based clinicians, virtual case managers, and supporting staff.
- Patient Satisfaction – Directly performs or assists with telehealth equipment to the extent that the client excellent satisfaction is achieved. This includes listening to and validating patient concerns, documenting education provided, technical expertise, and timeliness of response to service requests. Immediately reports all patient concerns or complaints to manager for follow up. Make equipment and supply delivery and pick-ups for patients on a timely basis.
- Inventory Management - Assists in maintaining clean and organized environment (e.g. stocking shelves and rotating inventory, cleaning PMAH supplied vehicles)
- Employee Transportation – Employee must provide their own transportation and meet current state requirements for operating a motor vehicle.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Car Insurance (Required)
- and Access to personal vehicle
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- One (1) year recent experience handling and delivery of home medical equipment and/or experience with the operation and repair of medical equipment or technology that uses Bluetooth functionality, and/or position involving patient interaction and education preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE