- Administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines, reads PPD results.
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKG) and screening tests.
- Obtains and tests specimens following standard operating procedures and documents results, taking appropriate action with unexpected results. Prepares specimens for transport as necessary.
- Gather information from patient and direct to the RN or Provider when necessary.
- Assists provider with surgical procedures including positioning patients, keeping a sterile field, and wound cleaning and dressing.
- Prepares paperwork to complete patient visit.
- Obtains and documents patient's vital signs as needed and reports abnormal results to provider.
- Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and checks to make sure all instruments and equipment are in proper working order.
- Maintains medication storage closets.
- Participates in orienting new team members.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years Outpatient experience preferred
- Other (Required)
- Practice Nursing School