Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- PENN E-LERT®, a state-of-the-art electronic intensive care unit (eICU), is seeking Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with critical care experience. This is an in-person position - the eAPP will be based at the Penn Medicine Rittenhouse Campus located at 18th and South Streets in Philadelphia (no remote work option). E-LERT monitors remotely connect to all ICU beds in the Penn Medicine network. Full-time and part-time candidates will be considered. This position may require night, day, weekend, holiday, and on-call shifts as required by the department.
- The eAPP joins a group of expert tele-Intensivists, APPs, Nurses, and Respiratory therapists also rotating in the PENN ICU system.
- Nurse Practitioner candidates must be licensed to practice professional nursing in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and possess an MSN or DNP and certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Physician Assistant candidates must be graduates of a Physician Assistant master’s program approved by the American Medical Association and possess NCCPA certification and Physician Assistant licenses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- The NP/PA must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a NP/PA in critical care and will need high-level skills in decision-making, systems thinking, and computer literacy including two-way remote communicating on camera, as necessitated by the remote nature of the practice environment.
- Must possess good understanding of the logistics of a multidisciplinary critical care environment, including neuro, trauma, surgical, medical and cardiovascular ICUs operations.
- Position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity as well as ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods.
- Participation in QI initiatives with the PENN core team is required.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)/ACLS (For providers in the acute care setting) required
• Pennsylvania Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Required)
• Pennsylvania Prescriptive Authority required
• For NPS: Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
• For NPS: PA RN licensure (RN) required. National Board Certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Master's degree for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
• The Advanced Practice Provider must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.