Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Services Associate
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 193841
Work Type: FT
Location: Media, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Patient Services Associate (PSA) assists the practice/department in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of high quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer-centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial/operational targets.The PSA is responsible for the arrival and/or departure activities of patients in the practice, managing and handling patient calls and inquiries, coordinating patient appointments, updating patient insurance/billing information, and performing point of service activities.The PSA may function in a physician practice or a call center environment. Rotation between PSA functions and/or departments may be required.
- Patient Service:Strives t understand and anticipate patient needs, manages service recvery effrts when needed, enlisting management assistance as apprpriate, identifies pprtunities t imprve the patient experience.As per practice/department prtcls and/r measurements: answer phnes in a timely manner, manage/handle patient requests and rute apprpriately, retrieve vicemails in a timely manner, take accurate and thrugh messages and rute apprpriately thrugh EMR. Schedule patient appintments (n phne r in persn) by determining reasn fr visit, fllwing established schedules and prtcls, using apprpriate billing area/appintment lcatin, cmmunicating changes and cnfirming appintments, and, as needed, ffering alternative and canceling/rescheduling appintments.Respnsible fr arriving/departing activities f patient at practice and perfrms pint f service activities: cllects cpays and recrds accurately, btains necessary signatures/frms, btains insurance cards and referrals/authrizatins, updates appintment status in EMR, and finalizes all check-ut prcedures.Cmmunicates with patients regarding patient flw and wait times – keeps manager aware f ptential issues as they arise.Issues referrals and btains pre-authrizatins fr patients as required and as per prtcl.Financial:Maintains up t date knwledge f insurance requirements pertinent t patient service and billing prcedures: including basic knwledge f all managed care plans and which insurers require a cpayment r referral.Validates patient demgraphic/insurance infrmatin and/r registers new patients int EMR using established prtclsRecrds receipts accurately t ensure end f day recnciliatin; participates in cash recnciliatin delineatins.Reslves wrk queues and/r issues frm frnt-end reprts; practively priritizes recvery f missing charges.rders supplies fr the ffice and generates frnt-end prcess reprts as requested.ther / Regulatry:Ensures cmpliance with all applicable federal, state, and lcal regulatry standards (ex TJC, DH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, SCGME, etc)Flexible and readily adpts new prcesses and engages in practice peratin changes.Access Center Respnsibilities (if apprpriate):Crdinates clinical and administrative aspects f the new patient scheduling encunter.Perfrm within the expected utcme f the Autmated Call Distributin (ACD) envirnment.Slves telephne issues and timely reprts prblems related t vlume t manager.Fllw established dwntime prcedures fr registratinAs needed: assist with cverage f PS and Pre-Prcessing Areas, create/mail new patient packets, appintment ‘bumping’, wait list scheduling, resurce scheduling, and team scheduling.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 2+ years Medical office experience or 4 years of customer service experience.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE