Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 189080
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8hr Days (Hybrid)
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for implementation and administration of the University of Pennsylvania Health System's (UPHS) compensation programs/systems, including base, variable and special pay program for all levels of employees. Directing the work of Compensation Consultants and all market pricing, offers, administration and salary planning system-wide. Evaluate programs and procedures to ensure that administration is sound, effective, internally equitable and externally competitive and compliant with all policies and laws. Ensure market competitive position for all jobs through survey participation and on-going proactive analysis. Manage the time and attendance systems including establishing Kronos pay rules. Develop appropriate subject matter educational resources consistent with UPHS policies. Provide consultative services to HR Leadership and management on compensation issues.
*This is a hybrid position based out of 3600 Civic Center Blvd.
- Strategic Planning. Develop and maintain UPHS compensation strategy that aligns with UPHS strategic objectives. Partner with UPHS HR Leadership in developing HR strategic plan & budgets (3 year plan that is reviewed annually).
- Compensation Program Design. Direct the design of compensation programs that align with UPHS strategic objectives and compensation strategy. Develop policies, procedures and practices to ensure effective administration, equitable application and interpretation of compensation policies, programs and practices. On an annual basis provide recommendations for fiscal year salary program that reflects UPHS business plan and changing market goals. Provide consultative advice, counsel and guidance to Compensation staff, UPHS Administration and Management on matters related to compensation.
- Compensation Administration. Direct job evaluation and classification processes. Ensure consistency and quality in job evaluations, classifications, position descriptions and salary recommendations. Responsible for ensuring that UPHS compensation policies and practices comply with local, state, and Federal laws and regulations (for example, FSLA, Department of Labor). Direct the development of compensation communication programs in conjunction with UPHS wide and Entity communication programs to ensure understanding and awareness by employees and managers.
- Financial Management. Partner with HR Leadership team in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets using system wide standards and processes. Oversee the accurate reporting of cost center financial activities.
- Recruit, develop and direct the staff needed to support compensation responsibilities throughout UPHS.
- External Relationships. Partner with HR Leadership team in working with the University and the Board of Trustees in relation to the development and administration of executive compensation program. Participate in industry associations as appropriate (e.g., World-at-Work, DVHC and PEBA). Partner with HR Leadership team in building and enhancing positive relationships with University leadership (for example, SOM MIP aligned, affirmative action planning).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Business Administration or related field
10+ years In a HR role. At least 5 years managing a multi entity compensation department
Certified Compensation Professional designation by the American Compensation Association preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
- Business Administration (MBA) or Human Resource Management
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE