Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
RN Outpatient Services - PPMC
Job ID: 194313
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: shift 1
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Registered Nurse Outpatient supports the practice manager and physicians in fulfilling the mission of PPMC and UPHS. The Registered Nurse Outpatient assists the practice manager and physicians in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of the highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets.
- Patient/Custmer Accuntabilities: Creates a psitive wrk envirnment t enhance effective care delivery. Prmtes a calm, safe, prfessinal atmsphere fr patients. Takes persnal respnsibility fr psitive patient experience and imprved practice perfrmance. Establishes psitive relatinships with patients by demnstrating knwledge f patient histry with practice, treating them with cmpassin and respnding t their individual needs. Fcuses practice n patient needs by cmmunicating patient infrmatin t practice emplyees as apprpriate (e.g., financial and time cnstraints, past experiences). Infrms and educates patient families f cnditin, care and fllw-up as apprpriate. Advises patients abut ffice plicies and prcedures; returns patient phne calls t give medical infrmatin after cnsulting with the physician. Identifies pprtunities fr perfrmance imprvement.Patient/Emplyee Safety Accuntibilities: Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives fr Patient /Emplyee safety. Demnstrates an awareness f patient/ emplyee safety when carrying ut daily respnsibilities f their psitin. Validatin f annual cmpetencies required fr the psitin.Wrks within the scpe f practice as designated by the individual’s state bard f nursing.Demnstrates cmpetence in the assessment, treatment and care within age specific guidelines.btains patient’s vital signs as needed, including height, weight, temperature, and pulse; reprts abnrmal values t prvider; dcuments prperly.Perfrms EKG’s, screening tests such as spirmetry, after prperly preparing the patient; and accurately dcuments the results.Prepares paper wrk t cmplete patient visit, including encunter frms, lab slips, x-ray requests, insurance frms, referrals, precertificatin, schl/wrk frms, etc.Keeps prviders and patients infrmed f delays in patient schedule.Ensures that the patient care areas are kept neat, rderly, well stcked and prperly prepared. Assures prescriptin pads are nt accessible by patients.Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instruments and equipment accrding t prtcls and checks that instruments and equipment are in prper wrking rder.Maintains medicatin strage clsets; checks expiratin dates; remves utdated items, Secures clinical and medical supplies/equipment in apprpriate area.Manages Epic Inbx fr patients f assigned prviders n a daily basis. Respnds t all patient needs in a timely fashin and efficient manner.Utilizes ffice guidelines fr telephne triage. Speaks with prvider if call is utside their scpe f expertise.Assists with minr surgical prcedures when requested.Assists prvider in exam rms when requested.Assists in rienting new team members and serves as resurce t LPN’s and Medical Assistants.Utilizes available resurces t meet deadlines and enhance perfrmance.Adheres t universal bdy fluids precautins and infectin cntrl plicies. Dispses f infectius waste prperly.Cmplies with yearly educatin requirements including HIPAA, SHA, Safety, and CLIA.ften assumes shrt-term respnsibility fr tasks that lie utside f his/her rle.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE