Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
FT Weapon Detector Specialist @ Hospital of the University of Pennsyvania
Job ID: 193815
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is hiring for Weapon Detector Specialist to join the security department and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) team!
- The Weapon Detector Specialist is responsible for operating and maintaining weapon detection equipment to ensure that the safety and security of the facility is achieved. This role involves effectively detecting and identifying objects in the shape of a weapon that may pose a threat, adhering to established protocols and procedures and assisting with the overall security efforts of the organization.
- Weapon Detection: operate weapon detection equipment at designated checkpoints, entrances r areas t scan individuals, bags, packages and their items. Monitor the display and alarms of the weapon detector t identify and differentiate between harmless and potentially prohibited objects in the shape of a weapon. Communicate with individuals passing through the weapon detection system, providing clear instructions and ensuring compliance with screening procedures.
- Threat Identification: Detect and respond to alarms triggered by the weapon detection system, verifying the source f the alarm and taking appropriate actions based on established protocols. Identify potential threats, such as weapons, sharp objects, or other prohibited metal items and report findings to appropriate security personnel.
- Communication and Collaborating: Work closely with security personnel, law enforcement or relevant staff to address any security concerns or potential threats identified during screening. Provide assistance to visitors, employees and other individuals passing through weapon detecting areas, maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conduct routine inspections and maintenance of weapon detecting equipment to ensure proper functionality and accuracy. Report any malfunctions, technical issues r equipment failures to the appropriate maintenance personnel.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of individuals screened, items detected, and any incidents that occur during the screening process. Prepare and submit daily activity reports, incident reports, and their documentation as required.
- Adherence to Policies and Procedures: Follow established security protocols and guidelines while conducting weapon detection screening. Stay updated on company policies, security procedures, and any changes in regulations related to metal detection. Must be of good character and neat and clean in appearance. Must comply with departmental dress code and standards.
- Customer Service: Interact with the public, visitors, and employees in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring a positive experience during the screening process. Provide assistance to individuals who may require special accommodations during the screening process.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 0-1 years Previous experience operating weapon detection equipment or working in a security-related role preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE