Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Coordinator PHIT
Job ID: 194484
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part Time- Day Shift-20 hours/ week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Penn Home Infusion Therapy Team, assumes 24-hour accountability for the Penn Home Infusion Therapy nursing care. This includes the coordination of patients admission for home infusion services in a smooth, systematic process involving arranging care with Infusion Clinicians or Schedulers and contracted nursing agencies. Acts as a liaison for care coordination with staff within the organization or with outside agencies including case managers. Manages the patients clinical care from the time of referral to discharge of the patient from our services
- Uses clinical knwledge and critical thinking t triage, assess, evaluate and implement interventins fr urgent and nn-urgent clinical patient needs. Prvides cunsel and clinical educatin t patients, family, and caregivers.Perfrms active service recvery and apprpriate escalatin t management t address patient and staff cncerns.Functins as a clinical resurce and cunsel fr field clinicians and pharmacists, and nnclinical staff such as schedulers, supply representatives, and insurance authrizatin.Crdinates delivery f patient care. Facilitates and versees care crdinatin, cmmunicates patient care infrmatin t internal and external staff, and ensures infrmatin is dcumented and care plans and rders are updated and cmplete.Ensures accurate and timely dcumentatin and cmmunicatin with physicians, field clinicians, pharmacists, warehuse persnnel, utside nursing agencies, and any additinal health care prviders t crdinate patient care.Maintains liaisn with referring surces and care teams. Chart audits reflect cmpliance with dcumentatin requirements. Discharge summaries are cmpleted in a timely manner. Dcuments patient care cmmunicatin utilizing apprved verbiage and abbreviatins in the EMR, including n call events.Assures cmpliance with external standards and regulatins. Maintains knwledge f TJC survey results. Adheres t establish standards with wrk perfrmance delineated at UPHS and prescribed by regulatry agencies. Ensures wn cmpliance t prfessinal standards. Assists with the develpment, review and revisin f plicies/prcedures t assure cmpliance with practice and regulatry standards.Prepares new therapy supply delivery tickets fr start f care patients accrding t standard templates.Prepares ship list relative t the patient’s exact inventry fr new patients and therapies. Any discrepancies in inventry are cmmunicated t the apprpriate team member r manager.Participates in the develpment and evaluatin f cmprehensive, realistic gals and bjectives cnsistent with thse f Penn Hme Infusin Therapy. Makes decisins that are realistic, fair and cnsistent with Penn Hme Infusin Therapy plicies and wn level f respnsibility.Prvides the Nurse Manager with infrmatin abut ptential and/r actual prblems and changes that will influence the Penn Hme Infusin Therapy Nursing peratins and assists with prblem reslutin.Assists the Directr t mnitr and implement apprpriate cst saving actin plans. Prmtes cllabrative relatinships with physicians, nurses, hspital administratrs, and utside agencies. Assumes an active rle in Penn Hme Infusin Therapy cmmittees, task frces and/r prjects.Prvides weekend, hliday and nightly nursing n-call phne cverage and crdinatin. Schedules nursing visits in advance and prvides ntice t apprpriate individuals. If required, prir authrizatin is btained befre scheduling applicable nursing visits. Dcuments and mnitrs use f apprved nursing visits. Utilizes nursing visits, persnnel, supplies and equipment in an efficient and cst effective manner.Assumes an active rle in Penn Hme Infusin Therapy cmmittees, task frces and/r prjects. Regularly attends team meetings, task frce, FMEA, r cmmittee meetings. Meets daily with their Clinical Care Team.Demnstrates cmmitment t wn prfessinal develpment, e.g., frmal/cntinuing educatin, certificatins, prfessinal rganizatin membership and/r publicatin. Cmpletes mandatry PM and PMAH educatin.Ntifies DME team regarding discharged patients fr pump pick up within 7 wrking days f discharge. All care is prvided via an apprpriate rder. Uses clinical judgment t prepare accurate supply tickets.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA, NJ, and DE RN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years progressive nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills in community health nursing.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE