Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Physician Assistant Surgical
Job ID: 194215
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: varied
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with the supervising physician, the Surgical Physician Assistant will provide surgical and medical care to surgical patients. The Physician Assistant will provide direct health care management to patients and will assist the surgeon during surgical procedures, performing those skills of a first assistant.
- Perfrm and recrd cmplete histry and physical examIdentifies self prperly t patient and family, clarifies rle f physician assistant if necessary.States purpse f histry and physical fr accurate hspital recrds.btains accurate medical histry including chief cmplaint, histry r present illness, past medical/histry, family histry, scial histry and cmplete review f systems.Evaluates the patient’s histry and physical per cre measure cmpliance.Physical assessment fcusing n vital signs, HEENT, cardiac, pulmnary, GI, GU, neurlgical and extremities.Address patient’s cncerns including prviding cmfrt and supprt fr pre-perative patients by demnstrating sensitivity t patient care and privacy.Answers patient’s questins regarding pre-perative care, understanding f surgical prcedures and regarding pst-perative care.Uses knwledge and skills necessary t prvide care apprpriate t the age f patient.Timely dictatin f the histry and physical examinatin perfrmed in the pre-admissin testing area t insure its availability the day f surgery.First assistant in surgery with evening and weekend n-call respnsibilities.Maintains aseptic techniques and actively mnitrs situatins which culd lead t breaks in aseptic technique.Be prmpt t supprt n-time starts.Ensures safety checklist, cre measure cmpliance and time-ut and universal prtcl prcedures are fllwedPsitin patients accrding t type f surgery and skin prep as needed.Using aseptic technique when perfrming bladder catheterizatins fr all patients.Scrubs and assists surgens n all cases when requested.May clse incisins at the discretin f r in absence f surgen and applies apprpriate dressings.Transprts and mnitrs patient frm perating rm t recvery rm r critical care unitPstperatively, remval f staples sutures and drains when requested by attending surgen.
- National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistant (Required)
- Physician Assistant (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 1+ years Surgical experience preferred
- Other (Required)
- Graduate AMA and ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant or Surgeons Program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE