Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior EPIC Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the implementation of technical solutions to fulfill business requirements using sound, proven, industry best practices and in accordance with enterprise architectural standards and engineering methodology. Develops and presents recommendations and options to leadership. Analyzes and resolves complex issues related to both private and public cloud infrastructure engineering and operations, system software, storage management, backup methodology, virtualization, monitoring and management tools, business continuity, high availability solutions, provide cloud services estimates and implements both private and public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions. Analyzes, coordinates, and implements infrastructure projects. Monitors system performance and capacity and provides periodic system status reports to department management and provides proactive remediation. Analyzes reports to identify trends and opportunities for process and technology enhancements and coordinates system enhancements with architectural team. Provides cost and trend analysis and resolutions to critical cloud Infrastructure problems. Acts as a technical escalation point for team members.
- Work with architects, project managers, and other stakeholders to analyze requirements and design technical solutions to meet various healthcare and research community needs.
- Conduct advanced research on new technologies and techniques, providing recommendations and roadmap for implementation.
DECIDE: Recommend appropriate technologies for the technology domain(s) within the scope of responsibility.
- Deploys and maintains hyperconverged systems and solutions in a hybrid cloud environment
- Manage and supports Windows, Linux, Azure & VMware infrastructure
- Administer and support the backup and recovery infrastructure
- Develop support plan with key IT stakeholders
- Service, incident, and change request ticket management
- Provide on-call and after-hours support to address incidents, maintain infrastructure and support operational efforts
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Work closely with architects and stakeholders to ensure that infrastructure initiatives are successfully implemented.
- Work closely with network, security, development, application, and support teams in the implementation of infrastructure components that support emerging technologies and applications
- Mentor/develop more junior level infrastructure engineers
- Serves as liaison between operations and architecture teams
- Escalation point for server and operations teams
- Review proposed designs/architectures, identifying risks and providing remediation recommendations in line with established standards and the enterprise’s overall architecture.
- EPIC Certified Systems Administrator (5 of 5). (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 7+ years Information Technology experience. (Required)
- 5+ years supporting or maintaining Epic application. (Required)
- 5+ years providing direct Epic end-user support. (Required)
- 5+ years application testing. (Required)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Preferred)
- Master of Arts or Science (Preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience collaboratively analyzing requirements, designing and implementing technical solutions across both private and public cloud technology spectrums.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
- Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
- Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
- Ability to recognize various stakeholder perspectives, facilitate collaborative discussions and ensure that recommendations are made based on the best interests of the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with executive and C-level stakeholders
- Ability to represent the organization’s status as a world-renowned academic medical center when working with partners, vendors, conferences, and other public forums.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentorship to Infrastructure Engineers and Sr. Infrastructure Engineers as needed.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of six hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 8,923 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services: https://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.